News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

HDNet Perk to Sportsbars

Started by Tom Snyder, Tuesday Feb 26, 2002, 06:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

HDNet is running a promo that scrolls a list of Sportsbars that have an HDTV and show HDNet. For those of you who are trying to convince a local bar to be "THE" HiDef place in Milwaukee, a little national promotion may be just the incentive they need!
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Todd Wiedemann

I'm with you Tom ....

I took Thursday off work for other reasons (kids recital), but I may canvas the Menomonee Falls area bars at lunchtime and try to convince one of them to go for it !!

What are you up to Thursday ??  

Matt Heebner

I did talk to the owner of Steves on Bluemound a while back Unfortunatly he just picked up two big screens for the bar only right at the start of last season's football season. Of course both TV's are plain analog. He was not really interested in getting a new one, especially a HD RPTV which are a little higher priced. I did mention about national exposure on HDNet, and being able to advertise HD Hockey games that would definitly draw a crowd.
He just didn't seem interested. He said he might consider when his old big Mits finally dies...but that could be awhile. (Mits does make a pretty damn good TV, unfortunatly for us in this instance.)
I will still hammer on him (IF CBS does the college BB games in HD, that could be a major selling point!!)and have him come over to my house to check out what its all about, but I think we should look at other places as well. (Todd, the luncheon meeting place might be a prime location. We have enough guys that know how to hook everything up, all the owner would have to do is get the equipment!)

Matt