News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WITI-DT 6.1 Off Air week of 1/21

Started by jwork, Thursday Jan 17, 2008, 02:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwork

WITI is performing tower work that may require digital transmission to be shutdown for tower worker safety.

Days and hours may vary depending on weather and type of work being performed.

WITI -DT 6.1 transmission will typically resume by dusk.

There may work and periodic shutdown on Sat 1/19 but it will be On The Air for Sunday Packers game.
shutdwon on Sat 1/19 but it will be On The Air for Sunday Packers game.

John Workman
V.P.Engineering WITI

Talos4

Might want to keep it on,

Those guys are going to need everything they can get to keep warm up there! :D

Just kidding of course. Good luck and be safe!

John L

This must be very critical work in order to climb the tower with temps in the single digits.  I mean if it could wait for warmer weather, the better.

-John L.

hoophead

Just curious, does this have anything to do with an outage app. three weeks ago? Kevin, an engineer at WITI, told me then when I called that there had been a problem and they were off, I believe, overnight, while they went to Chicago for a part. But, the main reason why I had called there was because I have DISH and when I upgraded to HD I found out the Milwaukee locals were not passed on in HD. (I am in Watertown) I then put up an antenna and WITI basically was quite often much lower  in signal strength and even went out when it got down to about 60%, which happened too frequently. Kevin had mentioned, though, that WITI was giving off as much (KW) power as WISN which he said is very close in proximity.

So, does this tower related work happen to help my situation, also?

Thank you in advance.