News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Finally !

Started by Todd Wiedemann, Monday Dec 29, 2003, 03:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wiedemann

... after all the delays, my 90cm (35.4 inch) dish with Horizon-to-Horizon motor is installed and functioning properly !

The Sunday before Christmas (12/21) my lovely wife and I built and mounted the monster. By the time that was done, it was too cold and windy to point. So, the Friday after Christmas (12/26) my (very patient) Dad and I pointed and aligned it. Then, we ran the coax from the second story roof down to the basement.

Now, the install isn't final, yet. I need to distribute it better and program it's remote into the Pronto.

It's really fun surfing the feeds, though. For example I watched the live feed from the Packers' post-game news conference after the big win against Denver. It was nice to watch without interruption.

I'll see if I can get my hands on a digtal camera and post some pics of the install.

Todd.

StarvingForHDTV

Congratulations!  Are you going to pipe the feed in to the antenna in jack of a HDTV set top box?  I think that's how you "decode" any HD signals you find and display them as HD.

Good luck to you,

Starving

Todd Wiedemann

QuoteAre you going to pipe the feed in to the antenna in jack of a HDTV set top box?
[/SIZE]Thinking about it. I have a mess of wires right now that need to get cleaned up.

Just installed a new DVD player, too. Philips 727. Progressive scan & region-free.

Perhaps Friday I'll try to pipe some HD into the box ...

Malamute

Todd  Way to GO:rock:

Glad to see you were able to get it up and not that hard to point if you have two people working on it.  I read that it is already paying off.   So what does the wife think about being able to watch the feeds? just wondering.  

Also we lost the FX channels and had one CNN Headline News but now encrypted but I did find Fox News Channel on T6 93.oW

When we were up north a friend who lives up by Eagle River stoped by and gave me a dish network 6000 receiver with the two upgrade unit in it along with a dish 300 dish.  Somebody bought it and then turned it in and nolonger wanted it.  I know that you can subscribe to just the HD package from DishNetwork so I'm thinking about putting it up, not sure yet.

But keep up your reports about finding feeds.

Malamute