News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

36-1 Reception Issue

Started by Talos4, Tuesday Sep 25, 2007, 08:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talos4

I'm on the South side of Milw. I have rooftop antenna, with 100% signal strength on 36-1.

While watching the channel I have two issues.

1. Signal drops out completely intermittently, (searching for OTA signal) for about a second then comes back.

and/or

2. Pixelation, audio drop out. again intermittently.

This occurs about every 2-3 minutes.

Same symptoms occur on the following:  

My H20-100 into my Mits 48413.
My H20-600 into a Samsung SP-R4232.  
On the Sammy SP-R4232 built in OTA Tuner.

OTA Antenna has home runs to each tuner from a splitter.  I have tried running the antenna to the tuners directly, no splitter. Same issue.  

All antenna connections are good, from the roof down. I check them twice a year.

I thought it may be a D* STB tuner issue until the same issue showed up on the Sammy built in tuner.

I have no issues on any other OTA channel.

Any Ideas?

Talos4

bradsmainsite

Well it sometimes is too much signal you could try to pad it down by simply
putting a 4way splitter in line to reduce by about 8db the signal strength going
to one of your tuners.

If this does not work will have to drive further down the road which then I would
need more info from you.

Bottom line is it is pretty hard to tell in some cases without a signal meter and spectrum analyzer (which I do have) to tell whats going on but lets eliminate the simple stuff first.

Good Luck!:)

basshive

Yep.. 100% signal doesnt mean much really. Sounds great but that signal can still be mared by many things. I can get 100% signal on a channel but when a car goes by, poof ;)

I would definitly try to reduce it a little or turn the antenna ever so slightly to reduce things. A little fiddling I would think is all you need.
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

Talos4

Well, I'll try swinging the antenna around and pick up the farm off the back side.

I'm not unfamiliar with too much signal.  I used to live about 6 blocks from the WCGV  tower.

Got so bad down there at times I used to have WTMJ & WKTI  audio coming out of my Magnavox  console When  it was off!! several years ago.

Don;t know if that was caused by too much RF or Magnavox:huh?: :D

Bebop

Quote from: Talos4;41006I'm on the South side of Milw. I have rooftop antenna, with 100% signal strength on 36-1.

While watching the channel I have two issues.

1. Signal drops out completely intermittently, (searching for OTA signal) for about a second then comes back.

and/or

2. Pixelation, audio drop out. again intermittently.

This occurs about every 2-3 minutes.

Same symptoms occur on the following:  

My H20-100 into my Mits 48413.
My H20-600 into a Samsung SP-R4232.  
On the Sammy SP-R4232 built in OTA Tuner.

OTA Antenna has home runs to each tuner from a splitter.  I have tried running the antenna to the tuners directly, no splitter. Same issue.  

All antenna connections are good, from the roof down. I check them twice a year.

I thought it may be a D* STB tuner issue until the same issue showed up on the Sammy built in tuner.

I have no issues on any other OTA channel.

Any Ideas?

I have the same identical receivers as you and having the same problem. I think the problem might be the DirecTV turners.  36 is the only OTA giving me problem. But, I don't get the searching for signal, just pixilation and breakups. I know it's not the antenna, because the turner on my computer and the tv's built-in don't experience the same problem.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

RCNUT

It's the H20-100. I had the same problem and I am now on my 5th Receiver since mid July 07. The last 2 have been HR20-700 and it seems to be better.
Good Luck!!!