News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC/Charter Conversion June 21 For All Digital Networking (Box or Converter Needed)

Started by Jack 1000, Monday Jun 13, 2016, 05:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

Guys,

Just got my second TWC/Charter letter that the Digital Conversion is set for June 21, 2016, and that a Digital Box or Converter will be required to view all channels.  The big Internet Speed boost, in many areas may happen on that day, or begin shortly thereafter.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Ralph Kramden

Will we be notified when the alleged speed boost happens? I just have EarthLink broadband internet.

Thanks.

Jack 1000

Quote from: Ralph Kramden;60274Will we be notified when the alleged speed boost happens? I just have EarthLink broadband internet.

Thanks.

Hi,

You'll get a notice for the date of the changeover when it comes to your city.  The notice that I got for my area (Brookfield) simply said that the all digital conversion was set for June 21, and because the signals will now be all digital, along with faster Internet, subs MUST have a cable box or digital converter for all TV's in the home on and after that date.

TWC/Charter said they will provide free converters up until October of 2017, after that time, regular box rental fees will apply.  If you already have a cable box or DVR, you don't have to do anything.  You will however need a Doc Sis 3.0 or 3.1 cable modem to get the higher Internet  speeds.  This was not in the letter, but I know this to be true

Jack

duncantuna

I wonder .. MAXX has been rolled out in a number of other cities.  I wonder how many days elapsed between the digital adapter date and the speed upgrades, to use as a guide.

etutor

No Way!

I wanted to get two of the "Free" adapters.

They said I can get them free now, but they'll start billing me $6.50 + tax  (or the prevailing rate) each month for the "Free" adapters beginning October 7, 2017.

I guess they are kinda free...

:bang:

Jack 1000

Quote from: etutor;60278No Way!

I wanted to get two of the "Free" adapters.

They said I can get them free now, but they'll start billing me $6.50 + tax  (or the prevailing rate) each month for the "Free" adapters beginning October 7, 2017.

I guess they are kinda free...

:bang:

Kind of sucks!

Probably all we will get in Brookfield on June 21st is the all Digital Conversion.  The MAXX speeds will come later.  I'll post if anything changes.

Jack

Jack 1000

Guys,

I just Tweeted TWC-Wisconsin and refereed them to the Stop The Cap link about Charter halting MAXX Updates  They said my update is still set to go on the 21st for the Digital Conversion.  They did not say anything about Internet Speed boosts one way, or the other.  But did say to keep a watch for any changes.  The Wisconsin letter, to state again, says that you have to have a box, or a digital converter to view all channels on and after the date set for the Digital Conversion.  In this case, for Brookfield, it happens to be June 21.

Jack

duncantuna

So, basically they confirmed nothing and there's zero new information.

UGH.

Jack 1000

Quote from: duncantuna;60281So, basically they confirmed nothing and there's zero new information.

UGH.

I know,

Things are still up in the air since the merger passed.  I really hope that TWC/Charter at the very least finishes the speed boosts that were in the query!  This waiting SUCKS!

Jack

LoadStar

I'm not surprised that the speed increases are on hold. Frankly, I wasn't holding my breath on that happening immediately after the digital cutover, which was really all that was formally announced.

I personally expect them to hold everything (other than the digital cutover) for the rollout of the Spectrum branding and service levels in this areas. Hopefully, it won't be too terribly long.

PaulKTF

All Maxx updates are cancelled system-wide. We won't get a speed increase until the switchover to the Charter system which could happen as late as the Summer of 2017.
-Paul

PaulKTF

Quote from: Ralph Kramden;60299What a bunch of BS !!

To the moon, Charter! :)

Seriously though, are you really surprised? It makes more sense for them to take the time and money to switch the systems over to Charter than to update systems that they're going to be getting rid of, anyway.
-Paul

klwillis45

Maybe it will happen sooner. I saw a Spectrum truck driving around in Brown Deer yesterday.