News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

MeTV missing on TWC?

Started by Danno321, Wednesday Aug 08, 2012, 08:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danno321

I no longer have MeTV channel 19.  What happened?

Jack 1000

Quote from: Danno321;58760I no longer have MeTV channel 19.  What happened?

I got it here.  Is it in the guide, or just not coming in?

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Danno321

Quote from: Jack 1000;58764I got it here.  Is it in the guide, or just not coming in?

Jack

I have CableCard into Moxi.   Channel 19 is not in the guide even after I execute a Channel Lineup Update.   Guess I will call TWC tech...just checked guide and it is now back!   Did TWC do some channel maintenance recently?

Jack 1000

Quote from: Danno321;58765I have CableCard into Moxi.   Channel 19 is not in the guide even after I execute a Channel Lineup Update.   Guess I will call TWC tech...just checked guide and it is now back!   Did TWC do some channel maintenance recently?

They did something,

And not good.  Ever since WMLW-HD (channel 1007) was added the B search button is slower than snails on the HDC boxes.  Check out my post about it in the Latest News thread.  I am encouraging people to call in and get TWC to release the ODN 5.2.09 software patch, which fixes the speed issue with the B button search on the SA/Cisco C-boxes. and some of the Samsung boxes.  Twitter them, E-mail them with feedback about the search slowness.  It now takes about a minute for searches to come up "Loading Data for a minute." than even MORE time to key in the letters.  Reply within that thread I created if you are having slow search issues.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Danno321

Quote from: Jack 1000;58766They did something,

And not good.  Ever since WMLW-HD (channel 1007) was added the B search button is slower than snails on the HDC boxes.  Check out my post about it in the Latest News thread.  I am encouraging people to call in and get TWC to release the ODN 5.2.09 software patch, which fixes the speed issue with the B button search on the SA/Cisco C-boxes. and some of the Samsung boxes.  Twitter them, E-mail them with feedback about the search slowness.  It now takes about a minute for searches to come up "Loading Data for a minute." than even MORE time to key in the letters.  Reply within that thread I created if you are having slow search issues.

Jack

My search speed on Moxi is fine.   From my Moxi 1007 has different programming than 7 though some are the same.  For example, 'Rockford Files', 'Columbo', and 'Star Trek' that were on 19 are now on 7.  I wish TWC would take the HD channels the 1-99 and push SD to higher.

Danno321

Well, Rockford Files is listed as Channel 7 at 3 pm CDT.  But the channel is showing Judge Mathis and Judge Mathis is listed for 19 but Rockford is on!

I am about the cut the cord on cable tv after the bad Olympics coverage.

mrschimpf

Quote from: Danno321;58768Well, Rockford Files is listed as Channel 7 at 3 pm CDT.  But the channel is showing Judge Mathis and Judge Mathis is listed for 19 but Rockford is on!

I'm on Charter but I've had the same problems with my non-Charter leased boxes. First I had to reprogram my Windows Media Center setup to correct the channels because Charter withdrew the old WMLW signal, and my TiVo has the channels right, but the listings transposed because for some reason it thinks WMLW's analog channel is now airing MeTV programming. I didn't hear anything about 41 or 63 analog switching around though. I have put in a request to Tribune Media Services (TiVo's guide provider) through the TiVo page to fix things.

Danno321

Quote from: Jack 1000;58766They did something,

Jack

I called TWC Tech yesterday and was told Rockford Files and Columbo should now be shown on Channel 7 SD.  This matches my Moxi channel guide.   But Columbo on Sunday night at 7 pm was still streaming to Channel 19 SD.  How could this be?

I have a tech visit for this week, but I  think that is pointless.  Thoughts?

Danno321

I just checked jsonline tv listing.  It matches my Moxi guide.  Does TWC have different servers for different local geographies in metro milwaukee that may be out of sync?

Could the tuning frequencies be screwed up?

LoadStar

You use a Moxi? There's (probably) your problem. Moxi is almost certainly like TiVo and doesn't get their guide data from Time Warner at all. They get their guide data from a third party source. I don't know who Moxi uses; I know TiVo uses Tribune Media Services, the company that provides most listings to newspapers and magazines.

With TiVo, if there is a lineup change that doesn't get correctly reported to Tribune Media Services, I can submit a lineup error report to TiVo, who then gets Tribune to look into it and contact the provider to find out if Time Warner dropped the ball in reporting the change.

See if Moxi has a way to report a lineup change to them.

You probably want to cancel the tech, because they can't support a third party device. They can make sure you have signal and that it tunes channels, but guide data on a Moxi or TiVo is *not* their problem. I don't know, but I have a feeling you might get charged a trip charge for them to come out and tell you that.

Danno321

Quote from: LoadStar;58801You use a Moxi? There's (probably) your problem. Moxi is almost certainly like TiVo and doesn't get their guide data from Time Warner at all. They get their guide data from a third party source. I don't know who Moxi uses; I know TiVo uses Tribune Media Services, the company that provides most listings to newspapers and magazines.

With TiVo, if there is a lineup change that doesn't get correctly reported to Tribune Media Services, I can submit a lineup error report to TiVo, who then gets Tribune to look into it and contact the provider to find out if Time Warner dropped the ball in reporting the change.

See if Moxi has a way to report a lineup change to them.

You probably want to cancel the tech, because they can't support a third party device. They can make sure you have signal and that it tunes channels, but guide data on a Moxi or TiVo is *not* their problem. I don't know, but I have a feeling you might get charged a trip charge for them to come out and tell you that.

That is what I was thinking, thanks.

The TWC tech support then seem clueless as they think the programs should have switched to channel 7 when in fact all users I have contacted with TWC set-top boxes still show the programs on MeTV.  So sounds like coordination problem that will clear up soon.

Unfortunately, Moxi was bought out and the retail shut down.  I replaced the defective hard drive in my Moxi DVR so I cannot get warranty support anymore; no biggie since the the box is easy to work on.