News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

"Ghosting" Issues/Motion Blurriness - Lost Season 3 Blu-ray

Started by amfoeckler, Friday Mar 14, 2008, 09:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amfoeckler

I bought a Mitsubishi WD-73833 a few months ago.  I'm running my PS3 through my receiver - all connected by hdmi.

My wife and I are addicted to watching Lost (don't know why we didn't start watching it earlier).  We blew through Seasons 1 and 2 and I was really excited to start Season 3 because I bought it in Blu-ray.  I was expecting to be blown away.  Sound-wise I am very happy.  In "bright" scenes it looks great.  However, in "dark" scenes there is noticable "ghosting" - this was present with regular dvd's but I just chalked it up as a result of not being blu-ray.  The problem still exists even with blu-ray.  Based on this I assume it is the television that is the problem.  Anyone have any recommendations as far as setting go or is this common with the television I bought?

Al

jarschmd

Hey Al,

I've never had any problems with ghosting while watching LOST HD over-the-air ABC, DIVX compressed files over the internet, or uncompressed DVD's...sounds like a problem with either your set or how you have the PS3 hooked up to your set, but I'm no expert.

flash

Have you tried flashing the firmware on your TV and your PS3?
There is always updates that take care of issues with certain types of media and the like not playing nice together.