News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

NFL Network coming to TW

Started by cnjbucks, Friday Sep 21, 2012, 11:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnjbucks

I came across this link today, I've copied the article as well.  I guess we will have to wait and see.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/time-warner-cable-reaches-agreement-with-nfl-network-red-zone/

"The multiyear accord may be announced later today, according to the person, who was granted anonymity because the contract hasn't been signed. New York-based Time Warner, the second-largest U.S. cable company with about 12 million subscribers, had been the only major cable provider without the NFL Network. It isn't known when the channels will appear on Time Warner systems, the person said.

The National Football League reached agreement with Time Warner Cable Inc. to carry the league-owned NFL Network and RedZone Channel, a person with direct knowledge of the situation said.

The agreement comes about a month after the most-watched U.S. sports league reached agreement with Cablevision Systems Inc. to carry the two channels."

RLJSlick

Thanks great news to hear, it's about damn time!!! {fart}
Ricky
http://rljslick.smugmug.com/
Samsung HL-T61176S DLP Projection
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Denon AVR-1804/884 6.1 Surround
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD
Polk RM6700/PSW303 Sound System

tencom

Thanks That the NFL billionaire owners got their way with TW. Expect another rise in your cable bill,  and watch the number of TW subscribers go down . Soon you will see the price of cable  so high, that no one will be able to afford it.

165,000 TW subscribers, lost in the second quarter of this year, and still rising.

Thank you! Time Warner for caving in to the sport interests, and ignoring the wishes of 75% of your customers.  You will probably lose a great number of these customers and will have to raise your prices even more, to make up for lost revunue.

Tivoman44

It is about time.

Does anyone know details.  Will the NFL network and Red Zone be placed on a basic tier or are they on a sport tier

klwillis45

Prices will go up & providers will continue to lose subs but adding NFL Network has very little to do with either.

LoadStar

Quote from: Tivoman44;58895It is about time.

Does anyone know details.  Will the NFL network and Red Zone be placed on a basic tier or are they on a sport tier

Last I've heard, RedZone will be in the Digital Sports package, and NFL Network will be in the Digital Standard package.

Jack 1000

Quote from: tencom;58894Thanks That the NFL billionaire owners got their way with TW. Expect another rise in your cable bill,  and watch the number of TW subscribers go down . Soon you will see the price of cable  so high, that no one will be able to afford it.

165,000 TW subscribers, lost in the second quarter of this year, and still rising.

Thank you! Time Warner for caving in to the sport interests, and ignoring the wishes of 75% of your customers.  You will probably lose a great number of these customers and will have to raise your prices even more, to make up for lost revunue.

Best guess is that they did not take the going market rate, but probably close to the Cablevision Deal.  Hypothetically, the NFL Network probably wanted about 75 cents for NFL Network and 25 cents for Red Zone.  They might have negotiated down to about 60 cents per sub for NFL Network and and 15 cents for Red Zone.  I don't think they "caved in."  I think TWC was willing to offer the network at a fair rate, and they got their fair rate, so I would expect about a 75 cent increase for this channel, which is on the high side.

I am not a football fan, but so many of my friends are, and as a company saying "no" for six years, TWC almost had to do it.  If not, this trend would repeat every year asking when TWC is going to get the NFL Network?

It's impossible to make both sides happy here, so TWC added the channel at a slightly reduced rate.  Was it really that high statistically that 75% of TWC subs did not want the station?  I think the other reason is that TWC did not want to be the only company being the holdout without the channel.  I hate the thought of price increases too, but am also happy that my football friends will be able to see the games without being forced to make other arrangements.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Jack 1000

NFL Network is on TWC right now.

NFL Network-Digital Standard 346

and also 1346 in HD

Red Zone. (Requires TWC Sports Pass)

Red Zone-(Sports Pass) 347
Red Zone (Sports Pass HD) 1347

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

PONIES

This was a mistake.

No one cares about this crappy channel except for a very small, vocal minority.

Time Warner is going to continue bleeding customers after they have to hike prices once again to satiate the greedy appetites of sports channels.

Sports will be the death of cable.

Bluto

Now that TWC has the NFL Network, I'll give them serious consideration the next time my contract comes comes up with DirecTV.  I wouldn't have given them a thought before this was announced.