News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WISN News Audio / What's Wrong?

Started by Brian, Saturday Jul 23, 2011, 05:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Hi Everyone,

Over the last several weeks, I've noticed that the audio quality on Channel 12 sounds terrible during their local newscasts.  There seems to be some high-pitched "white noise" in the background whenever their studio mics are on.  Every other Channel 12 program sounds fine.  I've noticed this at other people's homes while watching Channel 12 News, so I know it isn't something wrong with my TV.  Has anyone else noticed this, or do I just have super hearing?   :)

Brian

trev57

No, I have noticed this too and I've emailed them multiple times about it. It seemed like they had it fixed for awhile but now it's back. Sometimes it gets so bad, the newscast is almost unwatchable. It's REALLY annoying.

LoadStar

I've noticed it as well. I'm betting that their microphones are picking up noise off the televisions they got as a part of the new design.

WITI6fan

I've noticed it's really bad when they're using the mic for whoever's doing the weather, regardless of where they're at on the set.

I tend to watch TV on my PC with headphones so it is extremely noticeable and extremely irritating.

LoadStar

It is really bad right now for Dan Needles' report at the stage left standup area.

Edit: and for the 10:00 news on Sunday Night, it's just bad *period.* Doesn't matter whose mic is live, they're all having the problem. Could it be the fluorescent lighting on the backdrop causing the problem?

Edit again: nope, sounds like it's Shelby Croft's microphone that's the problem now. Mark Baden's seems to be OK.

Darter

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but had to mention my current observations.  We just set up a new hdtv with digital audio fed to the receiver... love the big, clear picture of the newscast, but the audio when anyone is in front of a green screen is terrible.  There's a constant, strong low level buzz/hum until the shot returns to the desk.  At first I thought it might be my new tv, but it's definitely only during the weather reports at the screen.  It happens every time, whether it's the short reports during GMA, or the full weather report on the 10pm newscast.

Sorry to say, I'm getting my news elsewhere now...

Jack 1000

Has anyone emailed the Channel 12 News Department about this issue, and gotten a response that they have acknowledged, and are working to fix this issue?

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

MDR

I have DirecTV and haven't seen this issue. Is this just for TWC customers, DISH, TWC, DirecTV and OTA chime in.
mdr

Just tried OTA , no problems there either!
Cord Cutter

ChannelMaster DVR+
Samsung Ln40b550 HDTV
Samsung Ln32a550 HDTV
ONKYO TX-NR737 Rcvr
Sony SA WCT100 Soundbar
Oppo BDP83 Bluray
Oppo BDP93 Bluray
Twc Broadband
T-Mobile Phone