News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

HDTV in Oconomowoc

Started by Bigdogg293, Sunday Nov 14, 2004, 09:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigdogg293

I have Dish Network and a brand new Sony 50" LCD.  The next step is to get HD programming.  Anyone know of a good OTA antenna?  Do the indoor HD attennas work way out in Oconomowoc?  Any suggestions?

Gregg Lengling

Get a Bow-Tie, look thru previous posts (use the search function) and you'll find lots of references to them.  They are UHF only and are easy to mount outside or in an attic (outside preferrred).  You'll have great results with an outdoor antenna and at you location if you have a rotor or 2 antennas you'll have both Milwaukee and Madison markets.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Rick Sass

QuoteOriginally posted by Gregg Lengling
Get a Bow-Tie, look thru previous posts (use the search function) and you'll find lots of references to them.  They are UHF only and are easy to mount outside or in an attic (outside preferrred).  You'll have great results with an outdoor antenna and at you location if you have a rotor or 2 antennas you'll have both Milwaukee and Madison markets.

Gregg -

How do you hookup two antenna's?

Gregg Lengling

You just use a 2 way splitter in reverse.  It will cause 3 db loss on each antenna but if it's outdoors you should have enough signal that you don't need to add an in-line amplifier to make up the difference.

If you go up to the great white north by my cottage in Tomahawk you'll see many towers with 3 antennas to get all the stations, as they have to point at Wausau, Rhinelander and Green Bay.  Works just fine.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Ralph Kramden

The Zenith Silver Sensor indoor antenna gets great reviews. I live in Summit but I have an antenna mounted outside on my deck, works great. I'm 29 miles from towers according to Antennaweb.org.

budda

I live near Pabst Farms, Have a old Ant on the roof and a rotor that kinda works, Get all the Milwaukee channels including FOX 6, CBS is the most diffacult, no 58, Also get Madison locals. Also have a Dish network 811HD, I have to do some more reading but I thought there was a problem with CBS and channel mapping but I am not sure?