News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Fox 6 HD

Started by daldrewek, Monday Sep 13, 2004, 07:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobble

Problem solved.  The Channelmaster 4228 sitting on a chair in my front window did the trick.  I don't even need the attenuator.  When I move it to the garage or not by a window, it doesn't work.  

Other antennas unsuccessfully tried:
Radio Shack $30 VHF/UHF
Fleet Farm Zenith UHF "digital" antenna
Winegard Square Shooter
RS double bowtie
Silver Sword?

Thanks to everyone for their help.

StarvingForHDTV

Yeah, that's a nice antenna.  Best $65 I ever spent.

Starving

gobble

Update:  The Channelmaster 4228 works in my attic too, even for WITI.

borghe

welcome to FOXHD.. though it is pretty much only football, malcolm, and arrested development (simpsons also but they aren't HD).

oh and the occasional decent movie.

gobble

Everything last night except for the news appeared to be widescreen.

borghe

no, I just meant the title worth watching... :p

sorry, not a big fox fan.. they have what I mentioned but I really couldn't care much for them besides that and the occassional movie.

but yes, I believe just a little under half of their lineup is scheduled for HD.. though that is probably because a little over half of their lineup is reality TV.. :bang:

tazman

You can't tell me you wouldn't be watching FOX if the "Simple Life" were in HD.:p :eek:

Ralph Kramden

Is an attenuator the same as an amplifier with adjustable gain? I too am having trouble with Fox digital starting yesterday for some reason. Thanks.

Gregg Lengling

No it is the opposite of an amplifier.  An attenuator is a passive device that reduces the signal.  They come both as variables and fixed values.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Ralph Kramden

When you look at a TV signal, how do you know if you have too much gain or not enough? I'm having trouble picking up all the channels I had prior to going from 1 to 3 TV's, and Fox digital isn't even coming in anymore.

HD Matt

Hello, Love my HD just got my locals working with the dish 811 and am using my 20+yr rooftop with a couple of horizontal bars broke on it! evan pulled in ch13 (wzzm) for the first weekend. Looking for a HD Guide, anyone know?  Thanks,Hd Matt.:)

HD Matt

Its Hd Matt again,just wanted to say im around 85th and Howard getting those signals for fox.:eek:

HD Matt

Fox signal was 78%:bang:

chure

I'm also in Tosa and have a rooftop antenna, it's the kind with about a 4ft boom and elements.  I'm getting inconsistent OTA reception, and getting frustrated.  I'm going to try to aim the antenna a little better tonight, but if that doesn't work I'm tempted to get a channel master 4228 that many have suggested.  Is that only available online, or are they carried in a store in the area?

graniteland

Well I too must join in on everyone's disappointment. I finally got an HD tuner after having the TV for a year.  I get all the channels really strong except 6.1.

Bummer.

I live in Jefferson County in the Township of Ixonia and use a Radio Shack OTA antenna. Thank goodness I have 3 inputs on the TV so I can get the analog signal for the Packer games.