News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Forum Announcements / Forums Sunset Date?
Last post by techguy1975 - Saturday Feb 24, 2024, 10:59:45 PM
The milwaukeehdtv.org domain comes up for renewal in a few weeks, while I will be renewing it, at least for another year or two, I've been thinking if this is needed anymore.   We're way past the HDTV conversion, the only other thing of any relevance is ATSC 3.0.  I had a thought of making most, if not all boards read only to preserve this moment it Milwaukee's history.   What are your thoughts?   Is there any ideas people have to get some more life here, or is it time to just let it fade away?

Thanks for your feedback!
General Forum Announcements / Quiet Times
Last post by techguy1975 - Monday Aug 15, 2022, 10:19:06 PM
Well, we're now 12 years into the DTV transition, thigs here have been very very quiet, except for a recent spam attack.   Is there anything missing here, new topics that could be added perhaps?   

I'm beginning to thing this forums time has past, but I'd like to keep things going.   I'm open to any ideas.
General Forum Announcements / Re: Recent Spam Attachs
Last post by techguy1975 - Wednesday Jun 08, 2022, 10:33:41 PM
And finally, all the spam....except for one message has been removed.   Apologizes for the interruptions.
General Forum Announcements / Recent Spam Attacks
Last post by techguy1975 - Tuesday May 31, 2022, 07:21:50 PM
Hello All,

Sorry about the recent flood of spam.   The user has been banned, and their IP has been blocked, I'm going through now and deleting all the messages, there is a lot so it's taking awhile.
Milwaukee HDTV Technical Issues / Spectrum Cable Card issues
Last post by Tivoman44 - Saturday Dec 04, 2021, 08:32:12 PM
Loadstar, not sure if you still check this.  I am attempting to get cable back, this time with 3 tivos (two S3s and one Bolt).  Spectrum cannot apparently pair them even though they say they are active and are getting good responses on their end.  My bolt keeps saying channel unauthorized v58.  My two S3s can only get broadcast channels (broadcast from Spectrum not from antenna).  So frustrating.  I miss Time Warner Cable.
Milwaukee HDTV Technical Issues / Re: Lower East Side, issues wi...
Last post by Jimboy - Tuesday Nov 23, 2021, 03:33:46 PM
Could be too much signal, too many reflections (ghosts), or possible 5G interference.
Don't use an amplified antenna.
Try an attenuator.
Try a 5G filter (blocks 600 Mhz and up)
Milwaukee HDTV Technical Issues / Lower East Side, issues with W...
Last post by lukpac - Sunday Nov 21, 2021, 05:12:32 PM
We're on the Lower East Side in an old Victorian, and for the past few years we've just had a cheap flat antenna on the first floor behind the TV, which mostly worked fine. However, we would inevitably get glitches during sports games, so I decided to move it up into our (third floor) attic:

You cannot view this attachment.

That's a good 11' off of the attic floor, or around 35'-40' off the ground. Other than the lead coming from the antenna (maybe 6'), it's RG-6 tri-shield all the way to the TiVo. As far as I can tell, other than some trees down the street, there's nothing between here and the WITI tower. I think the other towers are just hidden behind the apartment building down the street, but I'm not 100% certain.

At any rate, the signal strength meter on the TiVo reports 100% solid for WITI, with zero fluctuation. WDJT is also around 99-100, while the other local channels are generally somewhere between 90-98.

And yet, today WITI was freezing for a split second every couple of minutes. Not long enough for the picture to entirely break up, but enough to cause a glitch in the audio and a slight stutter to the video.

The question is: why? Signal strength clearly isn't an issue. Nor does it seem that cars or people should be an issue. Is there any way to methodically troubleshoot this? I have the antenna oriented about halfway between the WDJT and WITI towers, and it's nearly as close to the front of the house as it can get (it was previously 2 rafters to the right/east, but moving it didn't seem to help). I have no problem getting a better antenna (perhaps a CM-4220HD?), but I question how much that would really help (it certainly seems like overkill).

Unfortunately putting an antenna outside really isn't feasible.

The towers range from 2.25 miles for WITI to 4.15 miles for WDJT:

You cannot view this attachment.

Any ideas?
Milwaukee Broadcast Engineers / Re: ATSC 3.0
Last post by techguy1975 - Monday Sep 20, 2021, 08:33:12 PM
We used to have engineers from WDJT and WVTV around.. Not sure if they are still around
Milwaukee Broadcast Engineers / ATSC 3.0
Last post by peterp - Sunday Sep 05, 2021, 12:12:18 PM
Are there any local engineers still around here who can give us some insight on any plans for ATSC 3.0?
Milwaukee HDTV Technical Issues / Re: Tivo Series 3 HD - Antenna...
Last post by Tivoman44 - Monday Nov 09, 2020, 09:53:31 AM
Mystery solved.  I had to go behind my TV last week and move some things around.  I noticed the Coax cable from the wall to my Tivo was bend and the part that screws into the connection seemed loose.  I took that cable out and put a newer RG6 in. 

Picture perfect.  Thanks for everyones help.