News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Why did CBS 58 stopped working?

Started by r.wiegand100, Thursday Oct 25, 2012, 07:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.wiegand100

About a week ago all 58.x channels stopped working on my tv. I have an antenna in my attic and the signal is split to go to two hdtv's and one old tv with a converter box. The old tv with the converter box still receives 58.1 just fine, and it's the furthest away from the antenna. Our main tv is right under the antenna and doesn't get 58, even with an unsplit connection. All the other channels still work perfectly. I did two re-scans and still nothing. The hdtv in the bedroom is the same story, all channels work great except 58, so it's not the tv's tuner.

Any thoughts on what is causing this? Did something change at CBS 58 in the last week or so? I live in New Berlin and I had to get a fairly expensive antenna and put it in my attic before I got consistent reception, but it's been great for about a year now. Hopefully someone can help, Big Bang Theory is on tonight!

Jimboy

Quote from: r.wiegand100;58939About a week ago all 58.x channels stopped working on my tv. I have an antenna in my attic and the signal is split to go to two hdtv's and one old tv with a converter box. The old tv with the converter box still receives 58.1 just fine, and it's the furthest away from the antenna. Our main tv is right under the antenna and doesn't get 58, even with an unsplit connection. All the other channels still work perfectly. I did two re-scans and still nothing. The hdtv in the bedroom is the same story, all channels work great except 58, so it's not the tv's tuner.

Any thoughts on what is causing this? Did something change at CBS 58 in the last week or so? I live in New Berlin and I had to get a fairly expensive antenna and put it in my attic before I got consistent reception, but it's been great for about a year now. Hopefully someone can help, Big Bang Theory is on tonight!

Simple solution......just watch CW18 or My24.

Try doing a factory reset or initial setup on one of the TV's. See if that helps....:huh?:

-------------------------------------------------

Added 10-28-12

Well???
Any Luck??

r.wiegand100

I tried the reset and it didn't work. Fortunately CBS started working again over the weekend. I did nothing at all, not sure what happened.