News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Spectrum 100 megs speed? Who actually gets this speed?

Started by Tivoman44, Thursday Jun 21, 2018, 10:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tivoman44

Supposedly I have 100 meg speed for about $68.00 a month.  Every speed test i do (browser on laptop) it shows about 40 down.  I have my own docis 3.0 moden (advertised up to 300 megs) with a wireless N router.  Coax from the poll to my attic with one female female connector to another rg6 coax.  What gives with the slow speed.

I think spectrum can't really provide consistent 100 meg speed.  I get they can't always but this is consistant slower speeds.

MDR

Does your router have QOS or other settings defining what is being rec'd.
When i went from the old TW 30M service to Spectrums 100M i had problems with my speeds also.
Turns out i needed to update the settings in my router to reflect the increased speeds. Acts like a governor  and limits your speed till you set up the new parameters.
Once i did that have been getting full 100M service!
Mdr
Cord Cutter

ChannelMaster DVR+
Samsung Ln40b550 HDTV
Samsung Ln32a550 HDTV
ONKYO TX-NR737 Rcvr
Sony SA WCT100 Soundbar
Oppo BDP83 Bluray
Oppo BDP93 Bluray
Twc Broadband
T-Mobile Phone

Tivoman44

NETGEAR Wireless Router - N300 (WNR2000)

That's my router.  I logged in tonight but couldn't seem to find the settings, how do I check/change. 

The MB speed is set for up to 150. 

MDR

Your best bet is going directly to the netgear site for info on your model router.
Eliminate the middleman and miscommunication.
Mdr
Cord Cutter

ChannelMaster DVR+
Samsung Ln40b550 HDTV
Samsung Ln32a550 HDTV
ONKYO TX-NR737 Rcvr
Sony SA WCT100 Soundbar
Oppo BDP83 Bluray
Oppo BDP93 Bluray
Twc Broadband
T-Mobile Phone

duncantuna

Are you testing speed on a wireless device? 

First thing Spectrum is going to ask you to do is .. plug in a laptop into the cable modem directly .. chances are, you'd need to reboot the cable modem .. then run your speed test.

If your wired speed test is OK .. you'll know the router (or your wireless device) is the issue.

And try a few different ones .. Speedtest.net or openspeedtest.com are my preferred sites.

techguy1975

I simple reboot may fix this too.  After the speed increase takes place on the backend, sometimes its necessary for the modem to reboot to see the new profile