News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Cable.com work in Brookfield

Started by ddeerrff, Wednesday Nov 04, 2015, 10:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddeerrff

Looks like 'cable.com' is doing a lot of work in Brookfield.  It looks like they are installing yellow tubing that, I assume, will have fiber optic cables pulled through later.  I first noticed them in front or Wirth park, then they moved to in front of city hall.  Now they have their 'horizontal drilling rig' a couple blocks down the street from me.

Any idea of what is being installed?

LoadStar

Quote from: ddeerrff;60184Looks like 'cable.com' is doing a lot of work in Brookfield.  It looks like they are installing yellow tubing that, I assume, will have fiber optic cables pulled through later.  I first noticed them in front or Wirth park, then they moved to in front of city hall.  Now they have their 'horizontal drilling rig' a couple blocks down the street from me.

Any idea of what is being installed?

My guess is that you are seeing CableCom (not Cable.com) trucks. As for what they're installing, I'd suspect it has to do with the Brookfield fiber network that was approved earlier this year. Eventually, it may have a peering point that allows it to connect to the Waukesha Community Area Network (WECAN).

ddeerrff

Thanks LoadStar, that makes sense.  The work has been in the vicinity of schools and City Hall.