News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Victoria Secret Fashion Show

Started by murdoc, Thursday Nov 30, 2006, 04:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murdoc

Saw a commercial for this last night.  It is supposed to air Tuesday 12/5 at 9:00.  I went to record it and WTF...Billy Gram!?!?  Looks like our local affiliate moved the show to 12:37AM 12/6.  I'm guessing there is no chance this will be in HD like it was last year. :bang:

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: murdoc;36260Saw a commercial for this last night.  It is supposed to air Tuesday 12/5 at 9:00.  I went to record it and WTF...Billy Gram!?!?  Looks like our local affiliate moved the show to 12:37AM 12/6.  I'm guessing there is no chance this will be in HD like it was last year. :bang:
This was in Tim C's column, he alerted the world to the time change...so I guess you should read Tim's column daily.:D
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Joseph S

That sucks for Milwaukee. All the half naked supermodels have leagues more class and dignity than that fraud.

Tom Snyder

That's what DVR's are for.. besides, it doesn't look like it's in HD anyway...
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Paul S.

Tom Snyder

OK, guys... be warned. My mouse finger is now poised and ready to close this thread if necssary...  :eek:
Tom Snyder

murdoc

Quote from: Tom Snyder;36264That's what DVR's are for.. besides, it doesn't look like it's in HD anyway...

It was in HD last year and I would assume being produced in HD this year as well.  And it's not so much for the half naked super models.  They actually had quite an interesting show last year.  Normally I wouldn't have tuned in in the first place but it was in HD, so it at least gets a chance.

Tom Snyder

Yeah.. I seem to remember it being in HD last year, too.  Other market listings don't show it in HD at TitanTV (although they've been wrong before).

But even if it is being sent in HD this year, at this time it does not appear that 58 has an interest in this CBS HD programming. ;)
Tom Snyder

psubill78

Quote from: Tom Snyder;36271Yeah.. I seem to remember it being in HD last year, too.  Other market listings don't show it in HD at TitanTV (although they've been wrong before).

But even if it is being sent in HD this year, at this time it does not appear that 58 has an interest in this CBS HD programming.

CBS 58 - a joke of a station.... maybe those jack@sses will start sending HD to D*

murdoc

Quote from: Joseph S;36310It's in HD per CBS:
http://www.cbs.com/info/hdtv/index.php

Yep, and we won't even see it in downconverted widescreen, just $#!ty SD.

Doug Mohr

Quote from: Tom Snyder;36271Yeah.. I seem to remember it being in HD last year, too.  Other market listings don't show it in HD at TitanTV (although they've been wrong before).

But even if it is being sent in HD this year, at this time it does not appear that 58 has an interest in this CBS HD programming. ;)

It has been in HD every year since 2001. I can't beleive that CBS58 thinks that Billy Graham will bring in more viewers in the 18-49 group than the fashion show would. Granted that the Musical portion isn't as strong as previous years, but come on. Heck, my mom had me record it for her 2 years ago so she could see Sting perform.

The miss (pick one) pagents that they show in primetime have as much skin as the VS show does so they can't claim decency as the reason.

I'd really like to hear an explanation from someone at 58 why they chose to skip a national broadcast.

murdoc

Quote from: Doug Mohr;36324It has been in HD every year since 2001. I can't beleive that CBS58 thinks that Billy Graham will bring in more viewers in the 18-49 group than the fashion show would. Granted that the Musical portion isn't as strong as previous years, but come on. Heck, my mom had me record it for her 2 years ago so she could see Sting perform.

The miss (pick one) pagents that they show in primetime have as much skin as the VS show does so they can't claim decency as the reason.

I'd really like to hear an explanation from someone at 58 why they chose to skip a national broadcast.

I just got off the phone with CBS 58 [(414) 777-5800], and they said the it has been "pre-empted by Billy Graham.  We have no idea when it (VS Fashion Show) will be re-broadcast."  I asked her about the 12:37 time in my guide and she didn't see anything for it either.  :bang: :bang:

BURN IN HELL CBS 58!!!

Milwaukee12

My guess is they got too many complaints from parents who let their children watch a Victoria's Secret fashion show.  They could have at least put Billy Grahm on 41.

Doug Mohr

Quote from: Milwaukee12;36335My guess is they got too many complaints from parents who let their children watch a Victoria's Secret fashion show.  They could have at least put Billy Grahm on 41.

Well that begs the question of "What the hell are parents doing letting their kids watch TV at 9PM on a school night?"

Sorry, but I'm not buying it. I wonder how much more in advertising revenue ol' Billy is bringing in. :rofl: