News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

CompUSA - 300Gb eSATA - $150 AR

Started by davidrab, Sunday Jan 21, 2007, 08:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidrab

This should work fine for the 8300's. Don't know if I'm staying with TWC, so I don't
know if I'm getting one. Plus, I don't really like rebates and you could probably make
one cheaper *maybe*.

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?pfp=srch1&Ntt=341416&N=0&Dx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&D=341416&Ntk=All&product_code=341416

Edit: I see someone did get one and it worked. CompUSA's web site says they are in stock in
        Brookfield

TPK

May as well get one, if you ditch TWC you could always use the drive with a PC as an external storage unit (at least that was my reasoning)....  Its not like the hardware will have to go to waste...   You may even be able to take it apart and use the guts as an internal hard drive on a PC (maybe)...

The beauty of making it yourself is that you know you can always take it apart and use the internal hard drive...  So if you make it yourself you KNOW you can use it either as an internal drive or an external drive....  

I can always use more storage on my PCs ;)

markd

The drive at CompUSA comes with a PCI card though too so you can definitely use it with your desktop computer as well.