News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

CineMAX & Starz!HD channels up

Started by Malamute, Thursday Dec 04, 2003, 04:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malamute

Both Cinemax and Starz! new HD channels are up.

They are located on Galaxy 9 127.oW

Starz! HD East
Starz! HD West

CineMAX HDTV East
CineMAX HDTV West

They are both using Digicipher 2 encryption.

I don't know how long before DishNetwork & Direct TV will be adding them to their line up, so don't ask me.  Too you who do have Dish or Direct get ready for some more HD programing:)

Malamute

Kevin Arnold

I was able to watch a little of StarzHD at noon as they were in the clear on the 4dtv. That won't last but it was nice. Cinemax is a problem, though. They have chosen a different transmission scheme than HBO and Showtime. It's called megapipe and 4dtv can't receive it. Oh well.....
Kevin Arnold

Malamute

Kevin,  Its nice to know there is a member who dose have a C-Band/4DTV system.

You were able to watch a little bit of it will let people know what they are missing out on:D   Do you get Showtime HD West free?
Because they list it as a free channel on lyngsat.

Also, have you thought about putting a FTA receiver into your system?  The receiver that I have dose have a loop thur to be put into a system.

Some question for you too?  What receiver do you have and what type of feedhorn also? Just wondering.

Malamute

Kevin Arnold

QuoteYou were able to watch a little bit of it will let people know what they are missing out on
When I watched it was nothing more than a 4x3 upconvert. Starz has always been funny about HD. They are only doing this for competitive reasons and seem to have adopted the "Fox 6" philosphy - no sense in rushing into this.
QuoteDo you get Showtime HD West free?
I subscribe to Showtime/Movie Channel and yes, it includes both east and west coast feeds of everything they have. This is where C band 4dtv stands out. It costs me $99/year for all of that. That is one heck of a price.  I have HBO/Cinemax also which is a bit more pricey - $169/year.

I am considering slaving a FTA receiver to the 4dtv. It would be cheap at somewhere between $150 and $300 depending on bells and whistles. I already have C band and Ku band LNB's so the non MPEG feeds are there. (My fovorite is watching reporters standing outdoors during hurricanes with the mandatory palm tree laid out horizontle in the background). Maybe after the holidays.
Kevin Arnold