News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

My Free-to-Air Experiment has begun !

Started by Todd Wiedemann, Monday Nov 03, 2003, 10:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malamute

tazman, the way I have my system setup is as followed:::
LNB to DishMover to FTA rec.  all using RG-6

OTA antenna    both lines one OTA and FTA rec. MIXED using a DIPLEXER into my Samsung T - 165 DTR (Digital Terrestrial Receiver) then into my HDTV a Tobshiba 34" 16x9 set.

The Diplexer is just like a splitters but different, they can combine or seperate the signals.

The T-165 DTR is set to output a 1080i signal when detected by it, you need to go into the menu and set it right, they don't tell in the manual how to do it.

I've had no problem with this setup.

Malamute

Tom Snyder

QuoteI may twist Tom's arm and get us an 'MPEG2 Free-to Air' forum in the General Forums section

I'll be happy to do it if you think we will have enough traffic here to make it worthwhile.  Not really Milwaukee-centric, and I'm wondering if there are any national forums that might be a better resource because of their numbers.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Todd Wiedemann

I understand what you are saying, Tom. I've been poking around the national boards that are specific to the FTA stuff. They use older forum software and suffer from a lot of bad S/N ratio issues.

I don't see an FTA forum getting huge traffic here; I'm looking at it more from the community hobbyist angle. Malamute and Uplinkguy have both been a valuable resource with information I have not seen on the national boards. Living relatively close might give those of us hobbysts with similar interests a single place to look for feeds / backhauls that might not hit a national board. You know, like an Admirals game, or Tammy Elliott shooting a remote ;)

Also, like some of us have done in the past, home visits could be in order to showcase our new toys for those on the fence.

If others would like to weigh in here, please do so.

Thanks !

Todd Wiedemann

Hey, Malamute and all the other FTAer's out there;

Didja see that FX East, FX West, TV Games Network and Fuel went ITC yesterday ??

G11, 3800 H ...

Just like you said Malamute ...

Tom Snyder

QuoteI don't see an FTA forum getting huge traffic here; I'm looking at it more from the community hobbyist angle.

Then your wish is my command. I've set up the Forum and moved the inaugural thread there (here). :)
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Todd Wiedemann

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Thanks Tom.

Hopefully, this will be a good service for our members.

StarvingForHDTV

QuoteOriginally posted by Malamute
tazman, the way I have my system setup is as followed:::
LNB to DishMover to FTA rec.  all using RG-6

OTA antenna    both lines one OTA and FTA rec. MIXED using a DIPLEXER into my Samsung T - 165 DTR (Digital Terrestrial Receiver) then into my HDTV a Tobshiba 34" 16x9 set.

The Diplexer is just like a splitters but different, they can combine or seperate the signals.

The T-165 DTR is set to output a 1080i signal when detected by it, you need to go into the menu and set it right, they don't tell in the manual how to do it.

I've had no problem with this setup.

Malamute

I think this post finally clears things up in my mind.  Now I might be in the market for one of these setups.  Thanks Malmute and others.

Starving

Malamute

Well I need to say when I found this site I was having the same problems that most of you were having getting Digital Signal for HDTV, I felt better that knowing I was not alone in this quest.
I read post after post and finnialy jioned.  

A very big thank you TOM + GREGG + TODD and all the other peolpe who post here!:wave:

Todd if you go back to my post on 11/3/03 you'll see that the FX channels went encrypted and yesterday 11/9/03 they came back on Free again.  They do this every now and then. That is why lyngsat is so important to look at everyday.

Todd I would take some pictures but don't own yet a digital camera. I did check my receiver and on the Installation page and Antenna Setup Page is were you input the info or codes. I went to the web site you bought from and looked at the rec you got and it does have a satellite scan which will do the same thing but automaticly for you.

Tom Snyder ROCK ON:rock: