News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Milwaukee HDTV Technical Issues / Re: Spectrum 100 megs speed? W...
Last post by duncantuna - Tuesday Jun 26, 2018, 05:42:34 PM
Are you testing speed on a wireless device? 

First thing Spectrum is going to ask you to do is .. plug in a laptop into the cable modem directly .. chances are, you'd need to reboot the cable modem .. then run your speed test.

If your wired speed test is OK .. you'll know the router (or your wireless device) is the issue.

And try a few different ones .. Speedtest.net or openspeedtest.com are my preferred sites.
Last post by MDR - Saturday Jun 23, 2018, 05:10:11 PM
Your best bet is going directly to the netgear site for info on your model router.
Eliminate the middleman and miscommunication.
Mdr
Last post by Tivoman44 - Friday Jun 22, 2018, 10:00:25 PM
NETGEAR Wireless Router - N300 (WNR2000)

That's my router.  I logged in tonight but couldn't seem to find the settings, how do I check/change. 

The MB speed is set for up to 150. 
Last post by MDR - Thursday Jun 21, 2018, 03:37:44 PM
Does your router have QOS or other settings defining what is being rec'd.
When i went from the old TW 30M service to Spectrums 100M i had problems with my speeds also.
Turns out i needed to update the settings in my router to reflect the increased speeds. Acts like a governor  and limits your speed till you set up the new parameters.
Once i did that have been getting full 100M service!
Mdr
Milwaukee HDTV Technical Issues / Spectrum 100 megs speed? Who a...
Last post by Tivoman44 - Thursday Jun 21, 2018, 10:05:59 AM
Supposedly I have 100 meg speed for about $68.00 a month.  Every speed test i do (browser on laptop) it shows about 40 down.  I have my own docis 3.0 moden (advertised up to 300 megs) with a wireless N router.  Coax from the poll to my attic with one female female connector to another rg6 coax.  What gives with the slow speed.

I think spectrum can't really provide consistent 100 meg speed.  I get they can't always but this is consistant slower speeds.
Milwaukee HDTV Programming / Re: 4K OTA programming
Last post by dirtsy - Thursday Feb 22, 2018, 08:01:33 PM
I'd say never.  Never-ever.  Of course, at some point there will be the "now in 4K" promos for local news, when in reality, the studio broadcast will be shot in 4K, as will field reports, however everything will be down-scaled for broadcast, to near 720p quality/bitrate due to bandwidth/channel sharing, backend equipment, etc.
General Forum Announcements / Website Front Page
Last post by techguy1975 - Friday Feb 16, 2018, 11:58:51 AM
I'm debating removing the main website, the one you see by going to milwaukeehdtv.org, and having it just redirect to the forums.   My reasoning is two-fold.  For one, the look and feel of that page, versions the forum.  I don't know enough (well anything) about css to be able to modify that page to match the color scheme used by the forum software.   Secondly, the info on that page is way out of date.  While I haven't looked at the stats lately, I'd venture a guess now that the majority of actual uses (read traffic other than bots) goes straight to the forum, or at least goes to the front page and then clicks the forum link.   

I can archive stuff like the old chats somewhere here, or off the main forum page, and the actual content will still live on the server, I'll just put an redirect to go here.   

Thoughts? Comments?
Milwaukee HDTV Technical Issues / Re: power increase
Last post by duncantuna - Monday Feb 12, 2018, 04:13:54 PM
Argh .. this likely will make my situation worse.

I'm 6 miles north of Downtown MKE .. I am just a couple miles away from the antenna farms South and West of me.  You'd think I'd get unbelievable signal .. but there must be interference / echos bouncing around, as random 4, 6, 12, 58 .. will randomly come in very poorly.   

I've tried about 5 different antennas (no amps) .. including a paperclip.  I've pointed them in every direction .. and tried an attenuator as well, yet, I can never get good signal on all 4 at the same time.  The next day, channel A will be bad .. a day later, it's channel B that's all pixelated.

Good thing I have PSVue as well .. I can flip over to their DVR and watch those shows when they are corrupt on my OTA Tivo.
Last post by Jimboy - Saturday Feb 10, 2018, 02:53:15 PM
Quote from: jmfolcik on Saturday Feb 10, 2018, 02:40:54 PM
I would benefit from a WITI increase, my SNR is still 28-30 with all the other channels in Milwaukee on a clear day (the worst kind of day for tv), yet Fox6 is usually around 22 and more prone to interference to cars etc, on normal days its around a 24.  This is out in Waukesha with a clearstream 2V on the edge of a second story roof pointed perfectly for max signal across the board and a Winegard pre-amp.

Shouldn't really need a pre-amp in Waukesha. Pre-amps can kill a perfectly usable signal. Plus they amplify any other RF sources in your area and can overload the input to your tuner causing issues with the signals you want to receive. Fox 6 is already at 1000kw on channel 33, they can't go any higher. The channels listed above are for the upcoming "Repack" (Fall of 2019 for Milwaukee).
Last post by jmfolcik - Saturday Feb 10, 2018, 02:40:54 PM
I would benefit from a WITI increase, my SNR is still 28-30 with all the other channels in Milwaukee on a clear day (the worst kind of day for tv), yet Fox6 is usually around 22 and more prone to interference to cars etc, on normal days its around a 24.  This is out in Waukesha with a clearstream 2V on the edge of a second story roof pointed perfectly for max signal across the board and a Winegard pre-amp.