News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

SDV Channels

Started by kevbeck122, Friday Jun 15, 2012, 03:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevbeck122

I just switched back to TWC for TV after being with DIRECTV for the past few years (install is next week).  Anyone know if the majority of the channels are on SDV nowadays?  I have a TV with a cablecard slot but it won't work with a tuning adapter, so I'm just wondering if it would even be worth getting a card for that TV...

LoadStar

Quote from: kevbeck122;58552I just switched back to TWC for TV after being with DIRECTV for the past few years (install is next week).  Anyone know if the majority of the channels are on SDV nowadays?  I have a TV with a cablecard slot but it won't work with a tuning adapter, so I'm just wondering if it would even be worth getting a card for that TV...

I don't have an exact list, but yes, the vast majority of digital channels are switched digital.

kevbeck122

That's what I figured.  Thanks.

kevbeck122

Got installed tonight and checked the SDV diag screens on a lot of channels.  Looks like many of the SD digital channels are not SDV, while the majority of the HD are (more popular channels aren't, like USA, TBS, TNT, FX, etc.).