News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Rca F38310

Started by Randy Spaulding, Friday Jan 17, 2003, 11:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Spaulding

Does anyone have any experience with the RCA F38310 HDTV? IF so, does it have a DTC-100 built-in? Any good news or bad news about this TV? I've got the chance to buy a used one for a good price.

Kevin Arnold

Yes, I have one of the sets.  RCA doesn't make them anymore opting instead for a 32 inch model.  This set has a high "DOA" factor with many reports of sets having to be replaced when first installed. Mine had that problem. The good news is once they're up and running they do very well. The picture quality is very good and the built in DirecTV is nice. It does change channels somewhat slowly but I got used to that. If the used one works well you should be OK with it. I've seen them selling new for as little as $1800.  Good luck.
Kevin Arnold

borghe

A friend of mine has one. He likes it. Yes it is essentially a DTC-100 in it. The one thing we were worried about is if his input would support 1080i (for future stuff like Tivo). Luckily we found it does. He hasn't had any problems with his.