News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Looking for Converter boxes

Started by Milwaukee24, Thursday Jan 16, 2003, 12:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milwaukee24

I am looking for a converter box for my RCA XL100 Analog TV.  I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could find one for under $500.

Thanx.  :D

borghe

If you mean HDTV, you should be able to get the either the Samsung TIR-151 for $399 at Best Buy or the Hughes E86 for $499 at Best Buy. Both I believe downconvert an HD signal to a letterboxed 480i picture. The Samsung is OTA only and the Hughes is OTA/DirecTV.

Milwaukee24

lowatt

I have seen digital TV's with a standard definition picture for under $200 at Best Buy, so keep that in mind when looking at buying a converter box. Don't pay over $200, and see what is in stores that will qualify for the $40 coupons coming soon.

TV Tommy

Not exactly sure what you're looking for... I use an ATSC to NTSC converter box on MATV projects.  I think their ~ $155... send me an email, if that's what ya need... I've got plenty of them (even has a remote).  Works fine on my ol' NEC 27"

TV Tommy
I can do that

jjallou

Quote from: Milwaukee24;6385I am looking for a converter box for my RCA XL100 Analog TV.  I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could find one for under $500.

Thanx.  :D

If your set has video/audio inputs the Hisense (USDIGITAL) boxes work quite well and they are fairly cheap on e-bay. Do a search for Hisense on e-bay.
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=hisense&category0=

Nels Harvey

Try eBay.

Samsung SIR-TS151, 451, 360, and others all will receive the digital signals, good for both HDTV monitors without ATSC tuners, or 4 X 3 NTSC TV's.   Prices run about $40.00 to $60.00 plus about $20.00 shipping.

An audio/video input is needed to be able to use one  of these receivers however.  I suppose a modulator of some kind can be used to output on Ch. 3/4, but if the TV is that old, perhaps it's better to upgrade!

Nels....
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.

basshive

Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

cjucoder

Let's hope that after 5 years the OP has found one by now :D

Talos4

Trust me,

He did!

I'll have to remind him about that post.

tvboy

I checked on the Walmart website and saw that the Magnavox Digital TV box for analog TV's are in stock at the Franklin, West Bend, Plymouth and the Capitol Drive in Milwaukee locations.  Also three locations in the Green Bay area and in Madison are selling it too.  This is one of the models that is on the $40 rebate list.  They sell for $50 in the stores.  So after the rebate the box is $10.  Its a good strategy that they waited until after the Super Bowl to put them in the stores.