News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Forum Announcements / Site Outage 7/4/20-7/20/20
Last post by techguy1975 - Sunday Jul 05, 2020, 06:54:24 PM
If you tried to access the site anytime in the past day, you likely encountered an error.  DreamHost, the company that hosts this site had a hardware failure on the machine that this site resides on.  It took them the better part of the last 24 hours to rebuild the machine ans restore it from backups.  The issue was resolved by around 4pm CT, but issues continued with my account.  When I realized there was still issues I alerted their support staff, who were finally able to get things back up and running. 

I do apologize for this, and will be better at making my own backups of my sites should issues like this happen again.
General Forum Announcements / Re: State of The Forums
Last post by techguy1975 - Thursday Jun 11, 2020, 08:46:59 PM
Well, it seems a year has gone by and not much has changed.   Anyone still out there?

Quote from: techguy1975 on Monday Jun 03, 2019, 10:14:35 PMAs I'm sure everyone has noticed, things have been very quiet here.  I suppose it's somewhat to be expected, since the DTV transition has come and gone.  Even though it is quiet, I have no intention of shutting things down. 

I do welcome any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc people may have however on how to liven things up though.  It would still be nice to see more activity here.

Latest News / Re: Post Rescan Changes
Last post by wysiwyg - Wednesday Dec 25, 2019, 09:55:05 AM
I live in the Town of Ottawa in western Waukesha County and have a rooftop antenna.  There is a hill east of me covered with trees so I've never had line-of-sight for Milwaukee TV signals.  As a result, I've always had random signal issues, particularly August through November for whatever reason that are mostly resolved by tweaking the direction and height of the antenna.  I have not noticed any positive or negative changes after the repack.
Milwaukee HDTV Programming / Re: Ch 38 OTA?
Last post by wysiwyg - Wednesday Dec 25, 2019, 08:05:57 AM
They need to build new transmitter facilities and went off the air around October 27th.  They filed with the FCC  to go silent for up to 6 months.  I asked for an update on their facebook page last week and they hope to be back on the air in January.
Milwaukee HDTV Programming / Re: Ch 38 OTA?
Last post by tbarney - Monday Dec 23, 2019, 07:53:35 AM
After all the digital channels moved earlier and I had to rescan, my Tivo detected 38-1 through 38-7, however, the channels don't come in. Are they still broadcasting? Using the signal meter I get 0% on 38-1, WTSJ-LD is what it is listed as.

I read somewhere that they were broadcasting from the PBS tower. If I tune to 10-1 I get a signal with a strength of 48.   Maybe the direction of my antenna needs to be tweaked a bit to get this lower power channel. Either that, or it isn't strong enough to reach 53022.

I'm not sure if this link will work, but it shows the distance for WTSJ as 0.0miles....
https://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?list=1&dist=161&dlat2=43&mlat2=5&slat2=46.2&NS=N&dlon2=-87&mlon2=54&slon2=15&EW=W
Latest News / Re: Post Rescan Changes
Last post by Riktar - Friday Oct 18, 2019, 05:21:44 AM
One change I notice is a gain (albeit slight) in signal strength. My HdHomerun is getting between 8-16% boost in signal strength according to the setup program (Linux based) for most of the channels. The only channels that showed a drop were 18 and 24 and the drop is less than 10% from before and the channel(s) still locks in without any drops.

I can now pull 41 and 49 in where before they were both a "now you see them, now you don't" kind of thing.

I will check later today after the sun is up and high in the sky and if anything changes I will update.

But so far, so good....
Latest News / Re: Plan to rescan your TV tun...
Last post by Riktar - Friday Oct 18, 2019, 04:38:14 AM
The stations must have been really busy overnight since all the old channels were not there when I got up this morning.

Yes, I am an early riser....

I will post my results of new channels, improved signal strength, etc. in the other thread about the channel repack.

But so far, so good.
Latest News / Post Rescan Changes
Last post by techguy1975 - Wednesday Oct 16, 2019, 09:43:04 PM
Once the re-pack is done on the 18th,  post any changes you've seen here.  Channels you used to have but lost, increases/decreases in signal strength etc
Last post by techguy1975 - Wednesday Oct 16, 2019, 09:40:10 PM
Quote from: Riktar on Wednesday Oct 16, 2019, 06:59:18 AMHas anyone heard what time on the 18th the channels will switch?

IE: Witi at 7am, TMJ at noon, etc.

Or should I just tell the wife to stay on Netflix til I get home from work? ;-)

I'd recommend telling her to stay on Netflix.   If I had to venture a guess,  I'd say they would probably do the switch overnight, so a re-scan in the morning would probably be good
Last post by Riktar - Wednesday Oct 16, 2019, 06:59:18 AM
Has anyone heard what time on the 18th the channels will switch?

IE: Witi at 7am, TMJ at noon, etc.

Or should I just tell the wife to stay on Netflix til I get home from work? ;-)