News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Milwaukee HDTV Technical Issues / Re: Tivo Series 3 HD - Antenna...
Last post by Tivoman44 - Wednesday Sep 23, 2020, 07:56:34 PM
Greenfield.  43rd and Howard.  Attic in roof faces north.  Roof is a single layer of gag shingles. 

That Makes sense about still being able to receive some VHF......and Tivo has a reputation of not having the best tuners in them....so the tuners inside the TVs are probably better in receiving them.

Last post by Jimboy - Wednesday Sep 23, 2020, 03:55:47 PM
Some UHF only antennas are pretty good at receiving the upper VHF band. The available signal to noise won't be as good as an actual VHF antenna though. Lightning will affect the VHF band more-so then UHF, especially if your receiving a poor signal to begin with. What is your rough location?
Last post by Tivoman44 - Tuesday Sep 22, 2020, 04:00:53 PM
As far as I can tell it looks like a UHF only.  Antennas Direct Clearstream 2

I attached the instruction manual.  I still have the box, it says optimized for UHF DTV frequencies.  So that answers my question, however why did I used to get Ch 10?  And like I said, Ch 10 came in the worst out of all channels when I did get it.  All others I get 99% of the time, most of the time it's when there is a lot of lightning that I get pix-elation. 
Last post by Jimboy - Tuesday Sep 22, 2020, 12:45:37 PM
What is your antenna? UHF only?
Last post by Tivoman44 - Tuesday Sep 22, 2020, 10:35:28 AM
Thank you for the response.

I wonder if I need a preamp.  My attic antenna works perfectly for all other channels, and it works with Ch 10 on all other TVs.  However historically Ch 10 came in the weakest.  When I'd watch a recorded program on Ch 10 it would pixelate the most out of any other channel.

I think I used an old 8 way splitter in my attic.  Maybe use a four way instead and a preamp to see if that changes anything.

I also did the signal meter test on the Tivo, Ch 10 lingered between 0 and 33, whereas all of the other channels were 90 to 99
Last post by Jimboy - Saturday Sep 19, 2020, 01:14:27 PM
10 & 36 are still on VHF RF-8. No changes were made since January 2018.
Milwaukee HDTV Technical Issues / Tivo Series 3 HD - Antenna can...
Last post by Tivoman44 - Saturday Sep 19, 2020, 08:39:42 AM
About 3 months ago I noticed that my Series 3 HD cannot receive PBS via antenna.  I checked two other TVs connected to the same antenna, channel 10 and 36 (and all sub channels) come in perfectly. 

I have done about four different channel rescans on my Tivo.  Nothing.  I thought maybe the Tivo found a "new" channel 10-1, etc, where I'd have to add that to my channel list, nothing.  I remember that happening in 2018 with the reband, it found two 4-1 ,6-1, etc. 

I realize it's old, but what is going on?  Does the tower have a newer ATSC frequency that the Tivo cannot pick up? 
Milwaukee HDTV Technical Issues / Re: power increase
Last post by Jimboy - Wednesday Sep 09, 2020, 12:42:54 PM
Certainly not much action on this forum.... For what it's worth WVTV is now at full power (1000kW) as of Saturday 9-5-20 at 18:36. Finally got the work completed after months of pandemic delays.
General Forum Announcements / Re: State of The Forums
Last post by techguy1975 - Saturday Aug 22, 2020, 11:46:16 PM
I hope so.   
General Forum Announcements / Re: State of The Forums
Last post by klwillis45 - Thursday Aug 20, 2020, 07:33:55 PM
Hello.

I wonder if business will pick back up when/if ATSC 3 gets rolling.