News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Forum Software Upgrade

Started by Tom Snyder, Tuesday Jan 18, 2005, 07:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul S.

Talos4

AHHH!!!!

That's better, feels like home again

:drink:  :drink:

rmentel

Looking Good!  Nice work guys.

StarvingForHDTV

I see the logo is back at the top of the screen and the Vbulletin is gone.  The only issue I have is that the forum is "squished" in the middle of my screen.  I'll attach a downsized screen capture to show what I'm talking about.  Any way to get it back to being "unsquished" like before?

rmentel

Well, for what its worth mine comes up full screen in all its glory.

Tom Snyder

Hey Starving... that's how I've been seeing all along. What is your screen resolution?

Remntel... what's your screen res...  

I'm guessing they're 1024x768 and 800x600 (in that order)...
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

rmentel

You are da guru!  My res is at 800x600.

mrmike

FWIW, I run at 1600x1200, and the forum used to use all that width.  It now displays in a bar down the centre as Staving showed.

Doug Mohr

The narrow page is generated by the width="730"  in the following line.

(table border="0" width="730" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" align="center" bgcolor="#333333")

I don't know off the top of my head where its stored, but I believe that width can be a variable generated from each user's config. Otherwise you could set it to 90% instead of a static number.

I'll look at my Vbulliten box at work in the next few days to see what's where.

Doug

Talos4

I'm down the middle too!

Resolution set at 1280X1024 on both computers.

StarvingForHDTV

My LCD is stuck at 1280 X 1024 native resolution.  

When you first made the software switch and the vBulletin was stuck up top, without the normal forum color scheme, it wasn't "squished" down the center of the screen.  Something changed between then and now.

Tom Snyder

Part of the admin functionality for this is the ability to allow users to select from different templates (AVS Forums allows you to choose a black backgorund or a white one).

I had one of my guys make a copy of the template with a 95% screen width on the middle content. To select it, go into your own User CP (or go to the bottom of the page and find the drop down selector on the left side) and choose the one you want... the fixed width or the expanded width one.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

StarvingForHDTV

Joseph S

Expanded width mode corrected the issue for me in browsing. However, for some reason dialogs like the one when posting are acting out of character. The "Message" and "Post Icons" inserts don't stay within the overall borders and stretch on the viewing right into the green.