News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Slow Site in Posting/ Replaying Last Few Days

Started by Jack 1000, Friday Jul 12, 2013, 06:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

Hey Guys,

I have had intermittent slowdowns in posting and replying to messages in the last few days.  Browser is Firefox 22.  OS is Windows XP.  I have TWC Wireless High Speed Internet.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

grenier

It's not just you Jack, it's really slow for me also.
Cisco 8640HDC

techguy1975

Most of the page loads fine...it's just the smiley icons that are slow...  You can still post w/o letting them load all the way.

mrschimpf

Quote from: techboywi;59473Most of the page loads fine...it's just the smiley icons that are slow...  You can still post w/o letting them load all the way.

Most of the smileys don't load for me period, no matter the browser I use. I've just gotten used to it and don't use them.

LoadStar

Quote from: mrschimpf;59474Most of the smileys don't load for me period, no matter the browser I use. I've just gotten used to it and don't use them.

Ditto this. Right now, as I post this, the only smileys that are showing up for me are:
:bang: {fart} :wave: :blush: :huh?: :rof: :stpat :OnAir:
The remaining smileys are just broken image links. In addition, all of the "post icons" are broken links as well.

Edit: this thread probably should have been in the "Administration and Suggestions" forum, I think.

Jack 1000

Quote from: LoadStar;59477Ditto this. Right now, as I post this, the only smileys that are showing up for me are:
:bang: {fart} :wave: :blush: :huh?: :rof: :stpat :OnAir:
The remaining smileys are just broken image links. In addition, all of the "post icons" are broken links as well.

Edit: this thread probably should have been in the "Administration and Suggestions" forum, I think.

In Firefox 22 on Windows XP.  Some of my Smiley's come through, and some don't.  When I used to use IE 8, I don't think they ever showed.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Bebop

Some of the smilies have been broken for a long time. I thought it was my browser.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Tom Snyder

Ugh... not sure who originally added those smilies, but instead of uploading them to the site here, they linked to another site, which is now down. Looks like I have some housecleaning to do.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org