News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Is TWC Bad?

Started by John L, Saturday Dec 29, 2012, 04:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gparris

Quote from: Jack 1000;59203Is the price still $200 a month, or $230 a month with all HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and TMC channels?  I heard that TWC Movie Pass and Sports Pass are not included.  Glad you like the Signature Home!

Jack

Signature Home is $199.99 and with the 4 movie packages HBO, Showtime, Cinemax and The Movie Channel, note the TWC Movie Pass is included all for $229.99, an extra $30 more for all of these total. I think that is a good value.
The Sports pack is not included as is the HD pack not included. I ordered the HD pack and Starz separately plus one client box for the basement TV also, works great. The speed of the boxes is faster than my old 8300HD and much faster than my 8300HDC were.

Jack 1000

Quote from: gparris;59204Signature Home is $199.99 and with the 4 movie packages HBO, Showtime, Cinemax and The Movie Channel, note the TWC Movie Pass is included all for $229.99, an extra $30 more for all of these total. I think that is a good value.
The Sports pack is not included as is the HD pack not included. I ordered the HD pack and Starz separately plus one client box for the basement TV also, works great. The speed of the boxes is faster than my old 8300HD and much faster than my 8300HDC were.

I know that the techs are much better, and you do get a personal line to talk to people that are like at least level 3 tier tech support.  My friend in Syracuse New York, Signature Home wasn't as good.  But here in Wisconsin I heard it is very good.

That's pretty cool that your boxes are even faster than the no C SA-8300!  (Which I thought was pretty fast!)  You have the Cisco 8742, right?

I heard later this year, a six tuner DVR is coming out.  Don't know local distribution details.  But you've got your 500GB boxes already and if they are working good, that's great!

Jack

PS.  Do you have the new Advanced Search options and VOD Cover Art.  The newer boxes are getting that first as part of Cloud Service.  Later, it will be rolled out to the older boxes.
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

gparris

These are the newest boxes, yes, but these have whatever the current available software is, no cloud or more advanced search features. I am glad the boxes are black, smaller in size on my racks and have more space and speed. Being able to access anything recorded on either box from any other DVR or client box is very useful.

gparris

Recently, I got a service call to my home for another client box to be added with Signature Home, the same service team member that came out that added this TWC service to my home originally was there, once again...excellent service.
The addition did not cost me anything for the actual coming out, line check, box install, he even labeled the power cord to my surge protector box as he plugged it in, tested the client box and swapped it out as it had some error as the new lighted remote that came with it did not "talk" to the box. He was in and out in less than 30 minutes, checked the house system and answered all my questions.
If anyone out there wants terrific service, sign up for Signature Home.
BTW, there was mention of a single tuner box with recordings up to 6 at a time coming out and 75+Mbps (or more) for internet service soon, but no affirmed date yet.