News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

No HD HLN for days now....

Started by Danno321, Friday Apr 02, 2010, 05:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danno321

Can't tune in CNN Headline News for a few days now.  Get the 'You are not subscribed...' though it is part of my plan and usually view it.  Anyone else having trouble with this channel?  I have Moxi DVR with cable card.

Danno321

Rebooting sdv unit and moxi fixed it.   I guess everyone needs to adopt the MS Fix: just reboot.   What technical progress.

LoadStar

On Sunday, they were having unspecified technical issues, and my tuning adapter got thrown into 8-blink mode... took 2 auth hits and some additional futzing with it from my end to get it back working properly and pulling the correct channel authorization list. Yours may have been affected by this as well.

Danno321

No HLN HD again and RR down.  I have rebooted SDV adapter 3 times.  On East Side.

Danno321

Rebooted sdv adapter again after RR came back up and now I have HLN HD displaying again!   Can you imagine if your car functioned like TWC HD and RR?  How can TWC fix its coax bus system to handle the bandwidth?  Lay fiber to home?

WPXE ION

Imagine if your car broke down that much.

Yes to the fiber question see this National Broadband Plan

Who pays for it.

Danno321

I certainly don't want the government doing this.  After all, it is the cause of the mess we are in with local monopolies and bad customer service.   The regulations in telecom are a mess so those need to be cleaned up first so the "rules of the game" are known and are simple and fair.

kevbeck122

TWC could have done several things, but they went with the cheapest option.  They could have upgraded the backend with 1GHz support, which would also mean new boxes with 1GHz tuners.  They could have gotten rid of analog, but I'm sure that would disappoint people with standard cable.  I'm sure those two options are still in the works, but probably not in the near future.

Maybe we'll be the test area for Google's service... 1Gbps fiber to the home.