News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Thank you from Flanner's

Started by jlegge, Wednesday Jan 29, 2003, 12:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlegge

Hello.

I would like to start out by offering a HUGE thank you on behalf of Flanner's. This website has slowly but surely crept it's way into our vernacular. This is especially true when answering questions to the prospective HDTV customer and they want somewhere to go to do a little research on there own. We refer them to this website as a great launch pad to questions being answered in an unbiased fashion by people just like them.

With that being said, I would like to offer any help I can to the website and forum community with regards to general or precise product questions. I have ready access to various manufacturers specific information as well a little insiders information to what's going in the industry.

Please feel free to email me with questions or concerns and expect to see me combing through the site much more from this point forward.

Again, a big THANK YOU to the website and community!

Steve Mann

Good to see you, John.

It's nice to get a Flanner's rep on the board. You guys have gotten enough of my money over the last few years, so it's nice to have you offer some assistance here.  :)  Seriously, it's good to have you here.

I got a quick question... I just posted in another forum here that I've ordered some Axiom speakers. I've seen folks compare them to Klipsch. I know Flanner's offers Klipsch. I'm really just curious if you've had any experience with or know any one that has Axiom speakers. Are they really comparable to Klipsch? What is your opinion of Klipsch speakers in general?

Thanks again for participating here.
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

jlegge

Hey Steve,

I truly cannot speak for Axiom speakers. I have never heard them. I've heard of them and have heard good things about them, but have never heard them play.

I know that Klipsch beginning with this years Series II speakers have gone to Monster Cable inside the speaker also. Klipsch is also a very bright speaker, with very disiguished highs. This is a trait that most either love or hate, with very little in between. Again, I speak of Kipsch because of my experience with them, but by no means does this mean they are a better speaker, thats for your ears to decide! ;)

I personally own a Klipsch setup and have enjoyed this setup often (I'll leave the models out). I hope this helps and regardless of which you decide on I hope you absolutely enjoy your new setup!

Steve Mann

Thanks for the reply...

I've got 30 days to listen to the Axioms and decide. Maybe during this time I'll swing in to Flanner's and listen to some Klipschs to see how the two compare.

I do tend to like the 'brighter', more detailed sound, so it's likely I would enjoy the Klipshs. The Axioms are also supposed to have a similar tonality.
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album