News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC - new channel lineups on the way (eventually)

Started by LoadStar, Tuesday May 21, 2013, 10:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoadStar

Quote from: Jack 1000;59552Sup Loadstar?

That could be.  But I think right now the focus should soley be on TWC reaching a fair agreement for CBS in national markets so it can come back on the air, and the same for Showtime and sister stations gone for all TWC systems in the country.  Than, look at the status of Journal Broadcasting WTMJ's-4's blackout on TWC.

August 9th for the pre-Packer game on channel 4 is going to be a strong negotiating tool for Journal Broadcasting and TWC.

Than, they can work on the lineup.  But right now, any line-ups and updates I think are secondary to the blackout situation.

Jack

The two don't really have anything to do with each other. The negotiators are entirely separate from the engineering staff who would be working on the lineup change.

LoadStar

Interesting... not sure when this happened, but I happened to notice that on my TiVo Roamio as well as my TiVo HD (both with cable card and tuning adapter), tuning to the "analog" channel number automatically tunes in the HD channel. For example, tuning to channel 2 gets you WTMJ in HD; channel 6 is WITI in HD; and 41 is Discovery in HD.

It isn't all of them. For example, 54 is still standard definition Comedy Central, and 12 is still WISN in SD.

Still, this is a bit of a taste as to how the new system will work with the new lineup, whenever it shows up here.

Are TWC set-top box users seeing the same thing?

Edit: *not* seeing the same on the DTAs. Not surprising; they probably assume that the DTA are standard definition devices, despite having a HDMI port and being capable of displaying HD programming.

Jack 1000

Quote from: LoadStar;59747Interesting... not sure when this happened, but I happened to notice that on my TiVo Roamio as well as my TiVo HD (both with cable card and tuning adapter), tuning to the "analog" channel number automatically tunes in the HD channel. For example, tuning to channel 2 gets you WTMJ in HD; channel 6 is WITI in HD; and 41 is Discovery in HD.

It isn't all of them. For example, 54 is still standard definition Comedy Central, and 12 is still WISN in SD.

Still, this is a bit of a taste as to how the new system will work with the new lineup, whenever it shows up here.

Are TWC set-top box users seeing the same thing?

Edit: *not* seeing the same on the DTAs. Not surprising; they probably assume that the DTA are standard definition devices, despite having a HDMI port and being capable of displaying HD programming.

Sup Loadstar?

Being Theme Based since about the Fall of 2009, our system, like most of the TWC Midwest Market has a consolidated and easy to use line-up as it stands.  BUT TWC is going to have to do one of two critical things if the Auto HD tune comes to Wisconsin:

1.) Provide an option to tune off Auto HD in settings on the boxes. OR

2.) Stop giving out legacy SA boxes in box swaps, and get everyone on a Samsung or Cisco set-top for more storage, which is going to be needed, should TWC auto HD all channels without an auto HD turn off option.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

LoadStar

List of channels that I've found are implementing "auto-HD tuning," at least here, at this time:
2 - WTMJ
4 - GSN
6 - WITI
10 - WMVS
15 - WPXE
16 - WMVT
24 - WCGV
26 - WE TV
28 - Golf Channel
31 - Fox Sports Wisconsin
32 - Time Warner Cable Sports Channel
35 - FX
36 - Lifetime
38 - National Geographic Channel
39 - History
40 - TLC
41 - Discovery
42 - A&E
43 - Animal Planet
44 - CNN
45 - Bravo
47 - CNBC
48 - Fox News Channel
49 - NBC Sports Channel
50 - VH1
52 - MTV
53 - E!
55 - SyFy
56 - Nickelodeon
57 - Cartoon
59 - AMC
62 - Hallmark
65 - Lifetime Movie Network

LoadStar

The new lineup is still coming, apparently. There's now a note on the My Channels page that reads:
QuoteImportant: Channel lineups scheduled to launch the week of August 11th in Wisconsin have been postponed. Check back often for updates to the launch schedule.

So... stay tuned.

Northern Fringe

I'm sure everything is on hold until the ownership transfer to Charter...  We'll probably see the Wisconsin Charter lineup be introduced sometime thereafter.

Jack 1000

Quote from: Northern Fringe;59982I'm sure everything is on hold until the ownership transfer to Charter...  We'll probably see the Wisconsin Charter lineup be introduced sometime thereafter.

Nope,

Insiders tell me it will be a five year process.  For the first few years, all that will change if the merger is approved will be the logos on the buildings, bills, and program guides.  That will be it for some time.

Updates will still happen between all companies regardless of the merger acquisitions success, or failure.  Several divisions have already converted to the new TWC standardized line up.  You won't see major changes for several years with regards to new systems, boxes, or guides.

Satch
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide