News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New TWC HD Channels in Test Mode!!!

Started by Jack 1000, Wednesday Nov 04, 2009, 04:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

Hey All,

TWC Digital Subs, note that there are new HD channels in Test Mode!

1905 is TCM-HD (Turner Classic Movies-HD)

1906 is Headline News-HD

Remember that this often means that they are generally about a week away from launch in the guide.  The launch is not official until that time.  You MIGHT be able to record those channels if you find them by doing Category Searches in the guide and see the 1900 numbers.  But remember that they are still in test mode, so nothing is for sure.

There are about 10 new HD stations coming and past history indicates that once they show up in the 1900's test range there is a 99% chance that we are getting them soon!  Enjoy!

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

gparris

Great, but I was hoping for BBCA HD, I know it is supposed to come soon.

Thanks for the info.;)

wireblsam

Well that didn't take long...

TCM HD active on channel 1110

HLN HD active on channel 1351

Jack 1000

Quote from: wireblsam;53862Well that didn't take long...

It might be a good idea to keep posting in this thread as new channels come out!  There are like 10 coming between now and the end of the year so keep watching!!!

Thank you TWC for adding these channels!  Looking forward to the new ones soon!!!  Still really waiting for Spike TV HD and Comedy Central in HD! (Not on the the 10 channel list, but those are the big two that seem to get requested most often for carriers that don't have  them!)

Jack

Jack 1000

Quote from: wireblsam;53862Well that didn't take long...

I am not near the TV so won't be able to check this out.  Is 1110 right for TCM? The new Theme line-up says that you just add a "1" for the HD equivalent of any SD channel.  In Metro Milwaukee, yes Headline News in HD is channel 1351 (SD channel 351)  but TCM in SD is 276 so check and see if 1276 is also TCM-HD.

I ask this because if TCM HD is on 1110 removing the first one from that channel makes it 110, which is Nick 2, and Nick 2 is only in SD and only offered on the new Digital Choice Package.

Now, they could still sort of be testing TCM-HD.  But that is great news that they are working on adding the new HD stations!

Jack

gparris

TWC "logic" doesn't always follow a straight line, Jack 1000, they organized their line up under themes, even within the 1000's for HD channels, so don't be surprised if the channels are a bit off sometimes, at least there are more now and more coming still (thank you TWC).:D

TCM-HD is part of the Kids and Family HD theme, so it considered a good fit, 1176 may have been better, but it's fine.

klwillis45

FSN-WI HD says fulltime HD coming soon on the guide but it has been up and running for several days now.

Jack 1000

Quote from: gparris;53866TWC "logic" doesn't always follow a straight line, Jack 1000, they organized their line up under themes, even within the 1000's for HD channels, so don't be surprised if the channels are a bit off sometimes, at least there are more now and more coming still (thank you TWC).:D

TCM-HD is part of the Kids and Family HD theme, so it considered a good fit, 1176 may have been better, but it's fine.

Agree about TWC's "Logic!" LOL!  BTW TCM-HD now matches its counterpart.  It is on 1276.

Jack

wireblsam

I stopped trying to figure out their logic long ago.

Placeholders for Disney XD HD (1901) and Cartoon Network HD (1902), but neither channel active as of yet.

Jack 1000

Quote from: wireblsam;53873I stopped trying to figure out their logic long ago.

Placeholders for Disney XD HD (1901) and Cartoon Network HD (1902), but neither channel active as of yet.

Those channels are active now.

Jack

gparris

Quote from: Jack 1000;53882Those channels are active now.

Jack

Last night, after 10PM, I checked for those channels and did not find them.
Did they go active today and if so, what TWC-numbered channels are these on?:huh?:

LoadStar

Quote from: gparris;53883Last night, after 10PM, I checked for those channels and did not find them.
Did they go active today and if so, what TWC-numbered channels are these on?:huh?:

I think Jack meant that they are active on the test channels that he indicated, not that they entered production on the "real" channel numbers.

Of course, if they aren't on the test channels either, then I have no idea. :)

Jack 1000

Quote from: LoadStar;53884I think Jack meant that they are active on the test channels that he indicated, not that they entered production on the "real" channel numbers.

Of course, if they aren't on the test channels either, then I have no idea. :)

Right,

It's just on those 1900 series test channels.  The channels are not in the guide yet. (As in being in the time grid.  That was as of this morning.)

Jack

gparris

Good, maybe these will appear like the other ones did, along with the rest...can't wait.;)

gparris

Quote from: Jack 1000;53886Right,

It's just on those 1900 series test channels.  The channels are not in the guide yet. (As in being in the time grid.  That was as of this morning.)

Jack

Yes, test channels are no longer there (again), so what is the hang up now?
We were supposed to get the two test ones mentioned before, along with the 8 others they advertised...what's the deal, TWC?

My neighbours gave up on the slow roll out and the new pricing for December and went to Directv for HD service.:D