News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

MyHD 130

Started by SugarRay, Sunday Oct 09, 2005, 06:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SugarRay

Just purchased the MyHD capture card.  Hoping to create my own PVR.  A few questions for the gang...

1. If I want to record in HD, I assume that I have to get the signal OTA because TWC doesn't pass the HD (504, 505...etc) unscrambled.
2. Any other suggestion on set-up,etc.

Thanks

SugarRay

Joseph S

With QAM you get CBS, NBC, Fox, ABC, PBS and InDemand garbage ads
OTA you might get WB (HD) and UPN (SD) and some religious station 20ish - these are flaky for some
OTA you should get the same as QAM, the maybes from above plus a PAX multicast.

I've found OTA more reliable than QAM for signal and there's a delay as well. However, if you're not in a good location they're better than a 60% OTA signal.

SugarRay

Quote from: Joseph SWith QAM you get CBS, NBC, Fox, ABC, PBS and InDemand garbage ads
OTA you might get WB (HD) and UPN (SD) and some religious station 20ish - these are flaky for some
OTA you should get the same as QAM, the maybes from above plus a PAX multicast.

I've found OTA more reliable than QAM for signal and there's a delay as well. However, if you're not in a good location they're better than a 60% OTA signal.

By QAM CBC, NBC,etc.... Do you mean the HD stations of those?  I pluged in the coax and can get the SD TWC stations 2 - 99 but the MyPC Card doesn't reconize 504 (NBC-HD on TWC).

kevbeck122

I don't know how the MyHD card works, but you might have to plug the cable into the antenna input to get the QAM stations or split the line so you have 2-99 going into cable, and the HD from TWC going into the antenna.

JRel

I have the MyHD-130 card and I get all of the OTA channels and the local channels (NBC, FOX, ABC, PBS, CBS) in HD from TimeWarner.  The HD Cable channels will not be numbered in the 500 range, but will be something like 119-7.  Just enable QAM scanning on whichever coax input is connected to the cable and scan for channels.  After they are found, you can add labels to the channels manually so FOX is "506" if you like.

Hope that helps.

Mark Strube

I wonder how long before some hacker develops an HD capture card with cablecard support... ;)

SugarRay

Returned the MyHD-130 card.  HD chs looked great when recording.  Analog looked terrible.  With only having 5 HD stations, not worth it if I can record Analog cable.