News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Hey Jimboy of WVTV/WCGV

Started by John L, Sunday Sep 18, 2011, 10:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John L

When will we see off-network and/or syndicated programs in HD?  

The only HD I see from WVTV and WCGV are strictly off live feed network, mainly 7-9 pm weeknights.  This would mean upgrading studio equipment to air such programming in HD.

-John L.

PONIES

Yeah. WVTV is utterly useless for anything that is not CW programming.

I just use WGN-TV from Chicago for anything syndicated. They do have one subchannel though so their bitrate is a little lower than WVTV's. So WVTV is better for native CW programming.

~16.58 for WVTV and ~14.5 Mbps for WGN-TV.

WITI6fan

Depending on the programming, it might not be available in HD in syndication. Sometimes the distributors do that for some reason. :huh?:

Jimboy

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=20494491#post20494491

The link above indicates that upgrades are in process.
However, based on the events of July 2010 a location to put the upgrades into is a work in progress as well.

PONIES

Quote from: WITI6fan;57859Depending on the programming, it might not be available in HD in syndication. Sometimes the distributors do that for some reason. :huh?:

Two and a Half Men is the most blatant example of syndicated programming that WVTV utterly fails at broadcasting.

It looks great on WGN.

trev57

Quote from: PONIES;57861Two and a Half Men is the most blatant example of syndicated programming that WVTV utterly fails at broadcasting.

It looks great on WGN.

And The Office.

John L

Chs 4, 6, 10, 12, and 58 are offering syndicated and locally produced programs all in HD. I never seeing any of that on both WVTV and WCGV. The only HD is when they air network programs directly off the network.

Both stations air movies on weekends. I am sure those movies, at least some of them are available to stations in HD providing they broadcast it in HD.

I see JimBoy responded with a link, in which I see nothing in the link in regards to the Sinclair O&O stations airing syndicated and local HD programming.

-John L.

John L

Quote from: Jimboy;57860http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=20494491#post20494491

The link above indicates that upgrades are in process.
However, based on the events of July 2010 a location to put the upgrades into is a work in progress as well.

Thanks JimBoy...will keep watching both WVTV and WCGV and perhaps one of these days will be in for a surprise!:)