News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Channel 4 to add another Sub-Channel

Started by John L, Friday Jun 12, 2009, 08:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John L

I know this message is going to IRK the readers here.

I found out that Channel 4 plans to add another sub-channel 4.3.

Though they did not announce what it is that they will be broadcasting.

My guess is NBC Sports the samething found on 5.3 out of Chicago.

-John L.:)

jkane

It makes sense to me for stations to set TODAY what they think they need forever as channel numbers go.  What I mean, is that consumers will rescan to get channel numbers today.  If next year they want to add a channel, it won't show up in existing home installations.

If I were a TV station, I would add at least one unused number to my line up!

SRW1000

If they add another subchannel, we can kiss quality HD programming from NBC goodbye.

That's a shame.  There're still a number of programs worth watching.  Football will be particularly ugly.

Scott

John L

I did a re-scan this afternoon and WTMJ-TV already has 4-3 on the air with a Color Bar Test Pattern with tone.

-John L.

SRW1000

For anyone following this thread, here's a sample image I took from Channel 5.3 in Chicago tonight:

Video quality is better than YouTube.  This is a direct capture, not a photo, so I'm not sure what's causing the black borders on the top and right.

So, in exchange for sacrificing some HD bandwidth, you'll get a poor, SD-quality broadcast of a sport that a handful of people might be interested in.

I hope WTMJ doesn't follow this path.

Scott

mrschimpf

I just happened to be poking around tonight and found what could be coming to 4.3; a music video network called TheCoolTV, which lists 4.3 among their affiliates on their website. Otherwise right now it's a network seen on low power digital stations everywhere else in a few markets.

WITI6fan

Quote from: mrschimpf;52702I just happened to be poking around tonight and found what could be coming to 4.3; a music video network called TheCoolTV, which lists 4.3 among their affiliates on their website. Otherwise right now it's a network seen on low power digital stations everywhere else in a few markets.

So it is going to be a useless channel after all!

:mad: