News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Currently All TV Analog Must Cease 2/17

Started by John L, Tuesday Feb 10, 2009, 12:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John L

As it stands while we speak or write in the forums, by law all Analog TV stations must cease analog operations after next week Tuesday. That also includes channels 4, 6, 10 and 12.

-John L.

ArgMeMatey

So I'll take the bait.  Where are you going with this?

techguy1975

The point is, Obama has not signed the bill to extend it.  While it is pretty much a moot point because he intends to do do, until his John Hancock is on that piece of paper, the date is still 2/17....one week away from today

John L

Quote from: techboywi;50671The point is, Obama has not signed the bill to extend it.  While it is pretty much a moot point because he intends to do do, until his John Hancock is on that piece of paper, the date is still 2/17....one week away from today

Just as I was logging on to the HDTV Milwaukee website to enter the Forums I noticed the countdown has been changed, it now reads 121 days instead of yesterday's 7.  Does this mean June 12 is now official? I didn't hear anything about Obama signing the bill. Its my understanding that he is waiting 5 days to sign it after a comment period.  You never know from the comments that he could change his mind and not sign it. Oh Oh, Monday Feb 16 arrives, law still not signed. What are channels 4, 6, 10, 12, 49, 55, and 58 gonna do?

Oppsy!!!  :eek:

-John L.

Stanley Kritzik

It's a guarantee that when June comes around many of the people who aren't ready today won't be ready then, and the likes of Senator Jay Rockefeller will want another extension.  By then, I don't think it's going to happen, as the frequency space being opened up (analog Ch 2-6) is in high demand for other uses, and keeping double transmitters at work is costly as well.

Some viewers will whine and swing into action only after the analog lights go out.

Stan

LoadStar

Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

John L

Quote from: LoadStar;50709Obama signed the act today into law.

Damn!!!   Well, I suppose.  I hope they don't consider another extension. PLEASE make June 12 FINAL!

Lets get it done with. Otherwise forget about Digital and go back to crummy crappy looking analog.

-John L.:mad:

WPXE ION

Off topic for this thread, but Tom's link talked about funding for the program. A co-worker e-mailed me a link about a possible shortage of boxes available since manufacturers were planning on the shut off happening next week they stopped production in January. If you google "converter box shortage" you will get many hits, here is one http://www.techarp.com/showfreebog.aspx?lang=0&bogno=364