News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WMLW-CA to Move to Ch. 24

Started by John L, Wednesday Feb 04, 2009, 09:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John L

The Low Power analog, WMLW-CA has an application to move their analog service from channel 41 to channel 24.

:confused:
-John L.

techguy1975

WITI6fan

I'm sure My24 won't object to this. :rolleyes:

techguy1975

WITI6fan

Quote from: techboywi;50533They won't after 2/17

But WMLW isn't digital, so it would be physically broadcasting on channel 24 and identifying as channel 24, while WCGV will be on digital 25 and remapping to 24.

We'll technically have two channel 24s.

jjallou

Quote from: WITI6fan;50535But WMLW isn't digital, so it would be physically broadcasting on channel 24 and identifying as channel 24, while WCGV will be on digital 25 and remapping to 24.

We'll technically have two channel 24s.

WMLW does has a low power digital on channel 13. They map that channel as 41-1. Would they then be required to remap it as 24-1? I don't think ATSC tuners are capable of resolving that. The promotional headache would be difficult as well......watch My, This, Me, We Them, They 24! Or Dis, Dat, Dem, Dey 24! Let's find more ways of totally confusing the viewing public.

troyriley

Here's how the move of WMLW to 24 would change the ability to receive other stations (post-transition). WGBA, Green Bay's NBC affilate broadcasting their digital signal on 41, would now stand a chance of reception on a good day. However, WTLJ, Grand Rapids independent religious station, is now out of the question. WIFR, Rockford's CBS station, is moving their digital signal from 41 to 23, so this will have no effect on that.

I would imagine we would have two 24-1's. Analog WMLW would have to call themselves channel 24. Therefore, I would think digital WMLW would have to call itself 24 as well. I can't speak for all TV's and converter boxes, but all of mine are capable of having two 24-1's.

WITI6fan

Maybe Jimboy can provide some insight into this? :)