News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Perhaps WPXE ION Can Answer this....

Started by John L, Friday Jan 30, 2009, 07:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John L

Is WPXE-DT installing HD equipment in time to go Hi-Def by Feb 17th?

I heard many ION TV stations who are only broadcasting in SD right now are going to change over to HD and offer TV shows in HD.

-John L.

WPXE ION

Quote from: John L;50435Is WPXE-DT installing HD equipment in time to go Hi-Def by Feb 17th?

I heard many ION TV stations who are only broadcasting in SD right now are going to change over to HD and offer TV shows in HD.

-John L.

Most of the equipment is here already and off-line testing will start next week. WPXE is part of the first phase of the Ion HD rollout so we will be HD on Feb 16th.

Shows that Ion has in HD will be broadcast in HD. Otherwise it will be upconverted. From what I see here it looks like black bars on the sides of the 4X3 upconvert.

EmuZombie

Any information on if/when TWC will be picking up your HD stream?

WPXE ION

Quote from: EmuZombie;50440Any information on if/when TWC will be picking up your HD stream?

Letters were sent to TW and Charter to inform them. Nothing back from TW yet. As far as QAM there is a separate encoder the cable companies install at their end, no word on that either.

GBK

yes! keep the original aspect ratio do not stretch image if it was originally in 4x3.. Great news always glad to see more HD :-)

mrschimpf

Quote from: WPXE ION;50442Letters were sent to TW and Charter to inform them. Nothing back from TW yet. As far as QAM there is a separate encoder the cable companies install at their end, no word on that either.

Do you know if Charter would have plans to pick up qubo and Ion Life anytime soon? I get an excellent signal from your digital tower here in Sheboygan with just basic rabbit ears, but I would really love to see those channels on their digital lineup also.

WPXE ION

Quote from: mrschimpf;50459Do you know if Charter would have plans to pick up qubo and Ion Life anytime soon? I get an excellent signal from your digital tower here in Sheboygan with just basic rabbit ears, but I would really love to see those channels on their digital lineup also.

I have not heard anything about them carrying Qubo or Life.

Click on the link below and send the question to our Audience Relations Department. If people show interest that might get the ball rolling.

John L

Sorry for starting this thread. I forgot about the thread that started last fall once ION TV announced going HD over at the Latest News forum.  Its great to know WPXE-DT is going HD.

-John L.