News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

I Miss the Way I used to Log On

Started by John L, Monday Mar 14, 2005, 04:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John L

I miss the way I used to log onto the board.  I used to be able to automatically access the board already logged on.  But now I have to go through the trouble of looking for my password each time in order to log on.

I wish this board could remember me, it was easier before the software change 2 to 3 months ago.

-John L.
 :guns:

Mark Strube

I think this belongs in the Administration and Suggestions section...

You shouldn't be having this problem, it automatically signs me on everytime I visit. You just need to be sure the "Remember me" box is always checked. If it is, then there's a problem with your cookies in your browser, not this forum.

Todd Wiedemann

Quote from: Mark StrubeI think this belongs in the Administration and Suggestions section...

Moved to appropriate forum.

Tom Snyder

Settings shouldn't have changed with the upgrade...  it still remembers me on all my machines regardless of browser...
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

pretzelkid

Could it be when you formally log out (hit the log out button) that you have to log in. I just kill the window or browser tab and never formally log out and it always remembers me when I come back... :)

John L

Quote from: pretzelkidCould it be when you formally log out (hit the log out button) that you have to log in. I just kill the window or browser tab and never formally log out and it always remembers me when I come back... :)

Nope I don't log out.  I just go onto another website.  Yes my "Remember Me" key is checked.  But doesn't want to actually remember me.

As for my cookies it remembers all my other passwords including my ebay, bank, and paypal accounts.  I use Mozilla FireFox the latest version.  I used to use IE, but was told IE has lots of security bugs and was encouraged to use Firefox.

-John L.

PatM

Try using the Cookie Culler extension and protect the cookies from that site.
The cookies may be getting inadvertantly deleted.
You can find it ]HERE

Steve Mann

Quote from: John L...I used to use IE, but was told IE has lots of security bugs and was encouraged to use Firefox.

Someone did you a great favor.

Everything works for me as it did before using Firefox.

Quote from: John L...But doesn't want to actually remember me.

Maybe you need to do something that's unforgetable?    :D

--
Steve
http://www.soundclick.com/rockermann
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

PatM

Try using the Cookie Culler extension, and protect the cookie for the site.
Maybe the cookie is being deleted for some reason.
Check:
Tools
Options
Privacy
Cookies
Make sure allow sites to set cookies is checked
Uncheck For the originating site only
Check Exceptions to make sure the site is not listed

John L

Quote from: PatMTry using the Cookie Culler extension, and protect the cookie for the site.
Maybe the cookie is being deleted for some reason.
Check:
Tools
Options
Privacy
Cookies
Make sure allow sites to set cookies is checked
Uncheck For the originating site only
Check Exceptions to make sure the site is not listed

I did that a couple days ago after reading a suggestion here.  This time and another time it remembered me when I logged onto the forum.  Hope I fixed it.

Thanks,

-John L.

John L

Quote from: John LNope I don't log out.  I just go onto another website.  Yes my "Remember Me" key is checked.  But doesn't want to actually remember me.

As for my cookies it remembers all my other passwords including my ebay, bank, and paypal accounts.  I use Mozilla FireFox the latest version.  I used to use IE, but was told IE has lots of security bugs and was encouraged to use Firefox.

-John L.

Nope it still not working right.   Someone was right though that I made a good move to Mozilla Firefox, because Internet Explorer supoosedly loves to capture your private info, passwords, user-ID, Credit Card numbers, etc. and broadcast them out to the world so some 13 year old boys can obtain info to hack into your account, buy things and charge to your CC but shipped to their address, etc.  

Then we have microsoft founder, (forgot his name offhand) who is the worlds most richest man in the world making money off of us.  You know he could donate a lot of that money to the oil wells in the middle east and MAYBE we would see gasoline prices back down to 50 cents a gallon!

Argh!!!

Anyways, obviously it must be something on myend.  I don't know what.  But it is a hassle to having to keep looking up my password to log on here.  Doing so makes it less frequent to logging on here.

But then the next gripe is our local TV stations don't know how to operate a decent digital signal.   Many are cheap to dish out more money to accomodate most HDTV receiver owners.  I think this is the MAIN reason why HDTV hasn't taken off too well because the stations are not offering as much, and too many technical bugs, as well as flea power transmissions.

-John L.

StarvingForHDTV

Quote from: John LThen we have microsoft founder, (forgot his name offhand) who is the worlds most richest man in the world making money off of us.  You know he could donate a lot of that money to the oil wells in the middle east and MAYBE we would see gasoline prices back down to 50 cents a gallon!

Argh!!!

-John L.

Umm, I don't think so....  Unless you are joking of course.  The weak US dollar is the main reason for increased gasoline prices.

Mark Strube

Quote from: John LAnyways, obviously it must be something on myend.  I don't know what.  But it is a hassle to having to keep looking up my password to log on here.  Doing so makes it less frequent to logging on here.

Just choose a very good, unguessable password (like I have), and use it for everything! Simplification is a wonderful thing.  :)

John L

I found another option that supposedly will work, I hope.  Under options I pulled up a window listing all the user-IDs and passwords of the sites I access requiring user-ID and password.  

There were a couple under the this site that were blank, and one with my password.  I deleted all of them, changed my password on here and FINALLY Mozilla Firefox asked me the question "Do you want Password Manager to remember your User-ID and password?"  Don't recall it having to ask that question when I logged on here before.

So now will see what happens from this day forward.  I hope this resolves my problem.

Aren't computers wonderful?

-John L.