News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Good news/bad news for WTMJ

Started by mrschimpf, Tuesday Jun 16, 2015, 02:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrschimpf

The good news first is that WTMJ has finally added a SAP channel for audio description for regular programming/Spanish play-by-play for sports. This is a few weeks before the FCC's audio description requirements hit the Milwaukee market on July 1st, and WTMJ was the last to add a SAP channel; WDJT and WITI always have had one going back to the analog age, and WISN put theirs online in early 2014. This leaves WMVS/WMVT as the only major stations without DVS (I never knew why), as WVTV and WCGV really aren't affected by any of the FCC requirements.

Of course that great news comes with Scripps adding more lousy subchannel networks to WTMJ; Escape, a 'women's network' which thinks women="big fans of Snapped and Forensic Files reruns and awful crime films even This TV won't touch", and LAFF, a great network for sitcoms, if you enjoyed ABC sitcoms in the 1990's. Right now it looks like one of them will replace Cozi on DT3 (likely Laff), with a DT4 channel added on to make the .1 signal look even worse. :bang: Hopefully with new management comes actually putting these channels on cable (especially Charter), but I'm not holding my breath.