News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Milwaukee area antenna installer recommendations?

Started by denno, Saturday Aug 14, 2004, 11:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denno

I'm just about ready to give up on the OTA antenna that was part of my DirecTV HD installation. My reception is awful & it's probably because the antenna is aimed at several large trees. I think I'll probably be better off with an attic antenna--any suggestions about who to use for installation?

StarvingForHDTV

The RS double bow tie:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F003%5F001%5F001%5F000&product%5Fid=930%2D0998

is the usual starting point.

I ended up with:

http://www.cmnc.com/pages/u1.htm

The 4228 8- bay bow antenna in my attic.  It's hanging from the ceiling.  Which reminds me to make it secure.  I was testing the position and all channels have been free of break ups for several weeks, so this is the spot I want to keep.

I personally would only hire out for an outdoor installation, but my attic is easy to deal with.

Good luck.

ejander

Ralph Kramden

Kemmer TV may rock, but he's pretty expensive. He gave me a price over the phone(strange, but he said he didn't need to come to site first). Needless to say, my son and I did it ourselves and saved a lot of money. It was much easier than I thought, but I did not need a roof mount.

ejander

your right.  he charges about 250.00 for a standard setup.  BUT if you can't or do not want to do it yourself he is the best bet

bklass

My experience with Kemmer TV was very pesitive.  he knew what he was doing & didn't try to do more than what I needed (even when I asked him to).  I'd highly recommend him.

borghe

kemmer tv is a "little" pricey...

but you get what you pay for. he knows pretty much the sweet spot for all signals no matter where you live, won't lie to you if you probably won't be bale to receive a signal and has YEARS of experience that show through in how he does stuff..

for example he knew from my location that if I wanted to get analog 12 to any decent degree that he would have to install an FM trap on the line. And pointed the antenna without even "adjusting" so that I got perfect signal on everything. the guy really knows what he is doing. well worth the price in my opinion. he also won't try to sell you an antenna for better than what you need, and by that I mean if you want the antenna that pulls in UHF from 70 miles but due to your terrain or distance you won't be able to get signals from 70 miles, he will be upfront with you. The antenna I was originally looking at he informed me was about 3 times the antenna than I actually needed. I then asked if it was possible for me to still use that antenna to pull madison or chicago and he told me pointedly that I would never be able to pull in those stations short of some nice tropo dx'ing.

very high quality.