News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Trouble picking up CBS digital OTA

Started by Ralph Kramden, Thursday Jun 10, 2004, 01:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Kramden

I have the 811 HD receiver from Dish Network and some days I can pick up CBS OTA fine, and other days I can't. Does anyone else have a problem with CBS DIGITAL channel going in and out? I notice it at night when I want to watch Letterman? Again tonight I had to watch it on analog channel 58. And no it's not my antenna. I also can't pick up channel 18 digital the last couple days, anyone else? Thanks.

borghe

ironically 18 had been down for me for like a week or something just within the last week.. I decided I should finally say at least something on the board and went to make sure and pow.. they're back up...

58 hasn't been having any problems for me.. my Tivo gets them VERY weak for some reason.. 71... ironically in the last day or two I have been actually getting them at 78 though..

18 I am getting in the 90's though (last night I was). 24 on the other hand is in the high 60's (68ish).

sigh... if everyone would just go to full power, all of these problems will be gone.. instead they don't and practically force everyone to cable... :(

Sparkman87

WHen you can't get ch 58 on the 811, does your signal strength drop to 49%?  There is a known 49% problem with the OTA reception on the 811.  Cause of lots of discussion on some of the other forums.

Ralph Kramden

It's good to see a fellow Bears fan on here. I am aware of the 49% OTA problem. Whenever any channel isn't tuning in, it shows that 49% signal strength deal. When I do pick up CBS digital it's only coming in at about 65% strength. Thanks guys.

Sparkman87

Take a look at this thread.  Some folks have some interesting ideas about the 811.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=19040

PS  Keep the Bears faith & stay strong up there among the Packer fans.

John L

My system crashed and my only way to get DTV is the TV card.
I'm back up and running after the 40 GB HD took a dump, now replaced with a 80 GB and formatted NTFS with Windows XP.
I re-installed my Win-TV-D card hardware and installation and got everything back the way it was.

I was hoping to discover WITI-DT, still no signal.  However I can't get WMVS-DT.  The signal strength is weak.  All other Milwaukee channels come in just as strong as they were before.  I also discover WVTV-DT on ch. 61 back on.

So my question is, did WMVS-DT lower power or something?

-John L.

Gregg Lengling

Yes WMVS-DT (channel 35) and also Channel 36 are running low power due to antenna problems.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

John L

QuoteYes WMVS-DT (channel 35) and also Channel 36 are running low power due to antenna problems.
[/B]

I get WMVT-DT, ch. 35 in fine.  I am talking about WMVS-DT which is channel 8.   So basically that answers my question as to why ch. 8 shows a low signal strength, its not enough for me to get a video and audio at this time.

Gregg Lengling

It's a possiblity that they also have reduced power on that channel also.  I'm not sure which of the dual antennas that they are having problems with.  I'll check with my sources at MPTV on Monday and give a definitive answer.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

John L

Greg,

Found the problem as to exactly why I WMVS-DT wasn't coming in.  I had my Win-TV-D card configured for the wrong tuner.  Once I selected the tuner in which the outside antenna is connected to, I was back in business.

It's Tuesday, and still no WITI-DT yet.

-John L.

Gregg Lengling

That'll do it every time.  I've got my Sony 300 on 6.1 and left on and every time I walk by it I look....and all it does is scroll "NO SIGNAL"   so I guess nothing yet.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI