News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

RE-SCAN DTV Receiver & Converters at 9:00AM

Started by John L, Thursday Jun 11, 2009, 10:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John L

This is basically for the sake of receiving WVTV, CW18.   Rescanning of Digital TV receivers and DTV Converter Boxes will be necessary after 9:00 am Friday in order to continue receiving WVTV, ch. 18 (CW18).

Reasoning is because they will be leaving ch. 61 and moving to ch. 18.

-John L.

Jimboy

Quote from: John L;52239This is basically for the sake of receiving WVTV, CW18.   Rescanning of Digital TV receivers and DTV Converter Boxes will be necessary after 9:00 am Friday in order to continue receiving WVTV, ch. 18 (CW18).

Reasoning is because they will be leaving ch. 61 and moving to ch. 18.

-John L.

Other reasons to rescan.........
49-1 through 49-7
4-3
58-4 & 58-5 (some won't find this because there's no video/audio stream yet so a scan may skip these)

John L

Quote from: Jimboy;52277Other reasons to rescan.........
49-1 through 49-7
4-3
58-4 & 58-5 (some won't find this because there's no video/audio stream yet so a scan may skip these)

When I got home from work and turned on the TV with DTV box which was left on 18-1 early this morning before I left for work it came up "No Signal".  Oh yeah, must re-scan...so I did once and got 18-1 back and I also noticed 4-3 for the first time as well.  49-1 thru 49-7 has been there for a couple months. I wrote them asking what they plan on doing with those, they have no idea.

Hey, I operate Muskego's Public Access TV station and programming almost similar to MPTV 10/36.  I think it would be cool if someone simulcast the ch. 14 Muskego on a sub-channel.  Programming of educational, local and culture programming is aired 24/7 on Muskego's TWC  ch. 14. Including Dr. Destruction's Crimson Theater late Saturday night and Music with Pete on weekends.

-John L.

WPXE ION

Quote from: John L;52287Hey, I operate Muskego's Public Access TV station and programming almost similar to MPTV 10/36.  I think it would be cool if someone simulcast the ch. 14 Muskego on a sub-channel.  Programming of educational, local and culture programming is aired 24/7 on Muskego's TWC  ch. 14. Including Dr. Destruction's Crimson Theater late Saturday night and Music with Pete on weekends.

-John L.

I have a transmitter for sale........nevermind it's analog. :)

John L

Quote from: WPXE ION;52330I have a transmitter for sale........nevermind it's analog. :)

LOL!!!  I wouldn't be able to operate it legally.  I am sure my FCC application to obtain a license would no doubt, NOT be approved!

-John L.

techguy1975

Quote from: John L;52331LOL!!!  I wouldn't be able to operate it legally.  I am sure my FCC application to obtain a license would no doubt, NOT be approved!

-John L.

You could always put it into a dummy load and use it as a very expensive way to heat your home ;)

John L

Quote from: techboywi;52333You could always put it into a dummy load and use it as a very expensive way to heat your home ;)

:rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof: