News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Cable and HDTV

Started by kjnorman, Thursday Mar 21, 2002, 09:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjnorman

Saw this today..
 http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=story&articleid=VR1117864158&categoryid=18&cs=1

Its a step in the right direction, but there is still no improved resolution (pun intended) on must carry for DTV.

On the campaign notes, I have seen TWC advertising PBS HD on their digital service.

Kerry

[This message has been edited by kjnorman (edited 03-21-2002).]

Gregg Lengling

Actually I don't think they are doing the HDTV broadcasts but the 4 channel SDT broadcast...but I could be wrong.

------------------
Gregg R. Lengling
RCA P61310 61" 16x9
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

kjnorman

Hmmm.  Though I would suspect that this would be up to PBS to multicast, it would be very TWC to promote *extra* channels rather than just high quality one.

For TWC their business policy is all based around quantity rather than quality.

Oh well, so much for wishful thinking..

Joseph S

QuoteActually I don't think they are doing the HDTV broadcasts but the 4 channel SDT broadcast...but I could be wrong.

PBS on TWC is only the HD feeds. PBS on OTA is a mix, w/ 98% being 4 channel multicast. However, every once in a while they do shut those down and run a single HD program. Recently, there was a travel show with great shots of London followed up by a 15 minute or so blurb of fly-bys over Italy set to music that were gorgeous.

[This message has been edited by Joseph S (edited 03-21-2002).]