News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC:VOD Down in Brookfield

Started by Jack 1000, Tuesday Oct 15, 2013, 02:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

Anybody else having problems with VOD service in Brookfield.  I get an Error 101, "Video on Demand" Network problem on all VOD services.  The rest of the channels work fine.  A cold reboot of the box did not help.  I don't want to call them because they are just going to want to replace the box, and I have recordings on it that I don't want to lose.

We had a tech here about two months ago who replaced the box and said signals were excellent. (Greenfield Heights Sub Division.)

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Jack 1000

It's been working for the last day or so.  I will post if  there are problems with it for more than 24 hours in the future in this thread.  Thanks!

Jack

Jack 1000

The issues remain, but are often intermittent and hard to pin down.

I suspect that with the acquisition of new channels between December and January that maintenance may be occurring affecting VOD.  This is what I can report:

*There are more problems with VOD not working in the wee hours of the night and early morning when I watch TV.  Usually after 12-4am.  Errors 105/101 show with such messages as "Program not available", or "network problem."

*Sometimes another VOD channel will play the show without issues.  Sometimes when another channel plays a show without issues, you can go back to the show or VOD channel that had issues, and it will play.

*Sometimes a show will play, stop midway through, and be unavailable for several hours.

*If VOD is down during the day, it often seems to correct itself within 2-3 hours of being down.  If VOD is down in that 12-4am cycle at night, we often have to wait till the next day for VOD to work again.

*When there are VOD problems they are worse at night than during the day.

That's the latest I have.

Satch