News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Twc Hdtv Dvr?? When???

Started by neomaxi, Thursday Jun 17, 2004, 08:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neomaxi

I've been on the waiting list for the HDTV DVR for over 3 months.
They said it would be in May?   It's June now and I just called and the TWC rep and they said "soon".   Anyone have any word on when "soon" will be??

Tom Snyder

I know a TWC guy who's been testing one for several months. He said he thought they had them in and they were ready to go. He was suprised that I hadn't heard from them yet to come in and get mine. He suggested that they might be busy and said to call them. Haven't done that yet.

So although it's mixed signals, sounds like we're getting close...
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

The Law

I've been checking out my window every day for the past few months and have yet to see any flying pigs.

An update would be nice....

I wonder how long the waiting list is.  I'm sure TW is aware that there's a small but hungry bunch of consumers....it'd be nice to be acknowledged with a courtesy update.

Drummerboy

At this point I don't think this the list is so small.
Drummerboy, Computer & Network Engineer
Waukesha

mhz40

QuoteOriginally posted by The Law
An update would be nice....
If it were my decision, I would not be launching either.  Units are in stock.  Pesky issue with the audio on both the L/R & digital output.  Not a huge deal, but it's gota be right... it's what consumers expect and deserve.   "Do it right, or don't do it at all", as your parents have all said in the past...

MHz40

oz

Today I asked a phone rep if he know when they'd be out and he said "soon."

I just moved, and you would not believe how many calls I had to make to TWC before they got it right. People on the board are correct – their customer service sucks. As an example, take a look at my last bill.

My normal monthly bill is $22.81. This time they said that I was illegally keeping their equipment. Not only were they billing me for it, but they said that my failure to return the stuff could result in legal action. I wasn't keeping it – I was MOVING.

The sad thing is, I do think TWC is a good value.

Andrew Grall

oz,

I am moving to Milwaukee next week... what are you getting for that price?  $22.81/mo sounds VERY reasonable...

oz

That price is just for basic cable (the locals and a few more) and the HD digital box and remote rental. You get HD NBC, CBS, FOX, PBS, ABC, and Fox Sports. I think someone posted the entire channel lineup somewhere else if you want to do a search. The only non-HD channels I watch sometimes are the Weather Channel, National Geographic, 18 and 24.  But I will probably upgrade to a digital package once the HD DVR comes out.

Drummerboy

QuoteOriginally posted by oz
You get .... Fox Sports.
Snicker...Don't you mean SMPTE Color Bar Channel?  I can't wait for one of those HD Brewer games...:rolleyes:
Drummerboy, Computer & Network Engineer
Waukesha