News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WDJT-46 DT going live!

Started by Kevin Arnold, Friday Mar 01, 2002, 04:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Arnold

You may have seen 46 DT in testing mode this week as I caught it today with test picture and sound (picture is panning of a tulip field). Jim Hall, manager, would like some feed back from the group as to reception. He sent me this email:

"Yes, we are up and in the testing mode........Do you have a list of people who can tune us in and let us know?

We would like the following info:

Tuner Model - If a set-top tuner
Signal Strength - this is actually a bit-error rate number.
The antenna they are using
How we can up in channel identification"

So its time to tune it in and let him know!
Kevin Arnold
Kevin Arnold

Todd Wiedemann

... edited ...

[This message has been edited by Todd Wiedemann (edited 03-01-2002).]

Joseph S

West of downtown
Toshiba 50H81
HiPix Tuner
Signal Strengths
ATSC 1.1 (Test pattern w/ sound) - 59-65
ATSC 1.2 (Color Bar and Station name)  -55
ATSC 1.3 (Blank) - 63
ATSC 1.4 (Blank) -60
ATSC 1.5 - (Antoher Color Bar and Station Name) - 65
Rooftop apartment antenna, probably cheap and very old but functioning well.  

Honestly, the numbers keep changing every minute right now between 56-65 on all of the CBS stations.

For comparison, my reception of PBS is constantly 79-80(on all) and NBC is at 85-89.

[This message has been edited by Joseph S (edited 03-01-2002).]

wrupp

QSL 46-2
at 5:30pm Local
I have you signal drifting from 0-65% signal strength.
I use a RCA DTC-100 with a 4 bay channelmaster 4221A UHF antenna and channelmaster 7777 mast mount pre-amp.

------------------
Bill in Muskego
///////////
Mits 46809
RCA DTC-100
108 Hour DirecTiVo

SteveMiller

American TV in Oak Creek
34" & 65" Sony XBRs with built in tuners
Sony SAT-HD100 boxes
RCA DTC-100 Boxes
Toshiba DST-3000 Boxes

Picking up both:
(46.1 - 46.5) & (1.1 - 1.5) ???

Signal Strength fluxes between 0 and 65

I saw the SD upload of the Soap Oprea today on 46.2/1.2 !

I don't know what we have for an antenna on top of the store...

Matt Heebner

As the snow is starting to really fly.....
60th and Wells...Wauwatosa
Mitsubishi WS55807
RCA DTC-100
Radio Shack Double Bow Tie
9:42 pm
Signal of 76...pretty solid...some audio drops on the test signal (and I noticed my overscan in pretty horrendous in HD mode)

Matt

Matt Heebner

Also wanted to add that I am getting a color bar test signal on 1-2, and I am getting a carrier signal on 1-3, 1-4, and 1-5.

I am so pumped. I can only imagine how you very early adopters felt when you first saw a OTA HD signal for the first time!

Matt

FWD

Hello -- Just joined the forum today and was glad to see 58 is testing.  Using a Dish 6000 in eastern Tosa I have no problem picking it up on 46, although there seem to be some drops in the data stream.

FWD

Sorry, I failed to mention in the last post that I am using an ancient antenna sitting in the attic of my two story house which has a bowtie, pointed generally in the direction of the towers.

Tom Snyder

Don't know if they shut off the signal, but I'm getting nada on 46 in Germantown...

DTC-100 with a set of rabbit ears.. but those same rabbit ears are giving me an 87 on TMJ and a 60-62 on Channel 10/8

Anyone else getting anything this late?
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Steve Mann

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Snyder:

Anyone else getting anything this late?

I have yet to see anything on 46. Maybe I have bad timing. Either that or my antenna needs to be aimed a little better. I should be able to recieve 46 as I'm currently able to get TMJ4-1. They are in the same direction from here (Greenfield). Dunno.

------------------
Steve M. Mann
Mits 65908
Panasonic TU-HDS20
Sony SAT-T60
My Home Theater
My Young DVD Collection
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

Tom Snyder

Tried it again this morning... If I putz with my rabbit ears (a set of powered, amplified RCA rabbit ears) I can get a maximum of 52-53... By "putzing," I mean putting them up on a ladder, adjusting the antennae and the little rotating paddle in the middle. The signal strength is still all over the place between 0 and 53. Can see the test pattern and get sound only periodically.

But with these adjustments Channel 10/8 is now at a solid 76 (Channel 4/28 is not on the air at the moment, but I'll bet I'll get a solid 90+).

Does anyone know if they're running full power yet? If this is the best I'll get with my rabbit ears, it looks like I'm off to radio shack to get something to put in my attic... but I hope not!

46-2 Test Pattern with the tone (as described above)
46-3 Color Bars (on and off and regulalry pixelated)
46-4 and 46-5 Black screen

[This message has been edited by Tom Snyder (edited 03-02-2002).]
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

tenth_t2

Dang!  Wish I would have seen this last night!

Nothing this morning 3/2.  I'll keep looking.

Greg O.

Matt Heebner

I can't believe that they are at full power yet. I am only getting about a 76 signal (although it does drop periodicaly) and I am in the heart of Wauwatosa about a mile or so from CBS.
I am by no means a expert in such things, but I bet they have a bunch of tweaking yet to do with the signal.

Matt

Steve Mann

Okay... I've got CBS 1-1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 now. I'm seeing the same thing. Test pattern and tone on 1-1, color bars on 1-2 and black screen on the rest.

However.. Now I'm having problems getting TMJ4-1 and PBS10-1. Neither station can be found. I get channel not available. I haven't moved my antenna so I don't know what has happened. I re-ran the 'auto scan' on the Panny and it doesn't find either station. Anyone else having problems with either of these? Tom, is your Panny still tuning these two in?

Thanks,

[This message has been edited by Steve Mann (edited 03-02-2002).]
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album