News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Got the Duvetyne today...Now what?

Started by mcneguy, Tuesday Mar 05, 2002, 05:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcneguy

Got my Duvetyne via UPS today.  Should I just grab my screwdriver and go to town on my 46807?

SteveClemetson

There's a bit more to it than that.  Make sure you have a couple of hours set aside and that the wife and kids won't be around.  My tools were a cordless hot glue gun and an exacto knife (for cutting slits out around the lenses and the card that has the IR sensor on it).

Do the bottom of the cabinet first.  Take your time and really mold the Duve around any edges, using the exacto knife to cut slits to allow for easier folds around corners.  It should not be necessary to glue down the bottom piece.

After the bottom is in place, cover the lenses -- you don't want to get glue on them.  When you do the sides, you really only need to glue the tops and let the Duve hang down to the bottom (unless you're really anal retentive).

You'll start getting a feel for when you need to glue stuff around and where you can just let it drape.  Mainly, be patient.  It will probably take longer than you expect.

Steve

Matt Heebner

Hey mcneguy,
Let me know how it goes. I would be willing to try it sometime when the wife and kids are not around.
I plan on getting a CraigM calibration this summer, so I would like to do the Duv before hand.

Matt

drgingras

Although from a different model, a few pictures can be seen in the HomeTheaterSPot Mitsubishi Tweaks:

Link

Dave

------------------
I kinda thought that might happen ...
I kinda thought that might happen ...