News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

PBS to have HD Nova on tonight...

Started by Matt Heebner, Tuesday Feb 26, 2002, 04:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Heebner

If HDTVGalaxy is correct, then there should be a special on the PBS channel (10-1) in HD. Nova, Lifes Greatest Miracle in 1080i.
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up!
I am not sure of the time, Galaxy has it at 10:00pm eastern, but it says to check your local listings.

Matt

------------------
My wife looked at the new STB sitting on the rack and she asked me,"This is never going to end, is it?"

Tom Snyder

That's bene the challenge since day one... trying to figure out what time Channel 10 (8-1) will show it... Checkin at 7, 8, 9 and 10... and you'll be sure to see it...
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

wrupp

Isn't the PBS digital feed 10-1 offset by 3 Hours?  It's on 10 now.. Look for it about 11:00 (Way past my bedtime)...

------------------
Bill in Muskego
///////////
Mits 46809
RCA DTC-100
108 Hour DirecTiVo

wrupp

Well the people at WMVS just can't get it right..  Nova IS on at 9pm.  Program guide on 10-1 Shows this.   The multicasting is off.  I stayed up to watch it and what do I see...  Antique Roadshow?  Ugg..  Who forgot to throw the swith?

------------------
Bill in Muskego
///////////
Mits 46809
RCA DTC-100
108 Hour DirecTiVo

SteveClemetson

Just got done watching Nova via TWC.  Wowsers! -- on a couple of levels.  Having had 2 kids in the last 1.5 years myself, it was pretty amazing from a content standpoint.  But when the computer-generated images were on screen -- holy cow!  What incredible depth and clarity.  It was practically 3D!

I did have 3 or 4 audio drop-outs over the course of the program.  I had to go up a channel and come back to get my audio back.  Anyone else experience this?  This is the first time I've had this happen.

Matt Heebner

It wasn't on OTA at 9. Some Spanish talk show was on, and 10-2,10-3,10-4 all said to watch HD Nova on 10-1. Too bad it was screwed up.

Matt

------------------
My wife looked at the new STB sitting on the rack and she asked me,"This is never going to end, is it?"

mcneguy

I tuned it in at 10 something.  I have TWC HD and on the WMVS-D channel (700 something) it looked like s***.  It was widescreen but centered in the middle of my Mits 46807 with black all around it.  The picture quality looked just like the non HD channels do on the HD box and I couldn't get the guide to come back on so I could make it go away, I had to turn the box off and back on again so I could change channels.  Clearly TWC has something messed up, hard to believe.

Pat

Nova happens to be my favorite program, and I was pleased to be able to see 2 episodes plaus a National Geographic last night.  But it would have been better in HD, that's for sure.

I considered staying up 'til midnight to see if it was on, but delayed 3 hours.  But I thought better of it and went to bed.

RickNeff

MCNEGuy, the 10pm airing wasn't the HD version, which was shown on the "demo" channel.

I've also noticed the inability to bring up the guide/info when on the other PBS channels in the 700 range (except for the demo.) However, I'm not a big PBS watcher, so it doesn't bother me too much.

------------------
Richard Neff
Proud Toshiba 56x81 owner!

Tom Snyder

The problem may not have been with TWC... I was having severe problems with their OTA signal on my DTC-100 this morning. Was watching some science program this morning.. it also was a crappy looking SD with borders all around (that's what they do when they are multi-casting, with their digital signal split up into 4 channels of SD)... all of a sudden went goofy and froze on a Jay Leno graphic! After a few minutes, it was trying to show a college football game that used to be part of their demo loop, and the picture was pixelating, truning green and crackling...
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Matt Heebner

I too have had a few "weird" things happen with 10-1. Yesterday, when I came home from work, I flipped on PBS, which had green, yellow, and red bands of color 2/3 of the way up the tv screen. I had to turn my DTC-100 off, then on again. It seemed to be fine after that.

Matt

------------------

wrupp

I sent them a note and asked what happened.. This is the reply I got.

<Snip>
Hi Bill,

I just received word from the engineer.  The equipment malfunctioned.

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback.

Volunteer

Viewer Service Center
414 297-7520
mptv.org

Support Milwaukee Public Television
by volunteering or making a contribution!

414 297-8000.

>>> "Bill Rupp"  02/27/02 04:50PM >>>
I tried to watch the Nova program last night (2-26-02) in HDTV only to
find that someone didn't throw the switch...  I was rather disappointed
with the quality of your engineering last night..  The over the air
guide even showed that it was coming on..  

Will this show re-air in HD?

Thanks,
Bill Rupp