News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Problem Today With DirecTV DVRs

Started by Stanley Kritzik, Monday Oct 06, 2008, 04:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stanley Kritzik

As most of us customers of DirecTV, beginning about 6:00 AM today, owners of HR20s and HR21s, plus others, found their DVRs frozen.  The work-around was to do a "red button" reset, or, in many cases (mine included), unplug power and restart.  The problem persisted during the day, and I don't know if it's fixed yet.

So, some egg on D*'s face, though I'll take their reliability over Comcast's which I use in Colorado.  With Comcast, it's a surprise a week.  Anyway, a call to 1-800-DIRECTV will get you a recording, I'm told, but all I got was a busy signal.

Some software geek must be in very hot water!

Stan

HDefinicktion

Yeah, I thought that my bx bit the dust.  It has frozen three separate times since I got home tonight at 4.  I cant wait to get my hands on the first CS agent......

Bebop

I wasn't paying much attention to the DVR this morning. But when I got home tonite, I noticed it has been rebooted.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

gb4fan92

Yep same problem here. At least I know now its not my box failing.

Kenoman

Maybe you were all switched over to Navigator,,,:rof: :rof: :rof: :rof:

gb4fan92

IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT YOUR HD DVR OR DVR RECEIVER

In our effort to improve and expand our service, we experienced a temporary technical glitch. If your HD DVR or DVR receiver is not responding to your remote control or front panel commands, you can resolve this issue by pressing the red "Reset" button located inside the small door on the front right corner of your receiver. Please allow about 15 minutes for your receiver to complete the resetting process. Once completed, your picture will return automatically. Unfortunately, any show you may have scheduled to record yesterday will not be available on your DVR.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Our promise is to provide you with the best television experience, and to resolve any issues that might arise as quickly as possible. If you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate in contacting us at 1-800-347-3288.

Jack 1000

Quote from: Kenoman;48538Maybe you were all switched over to Navigator,,,:rof: :rof: :rof: :rof:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide